Ford Ci Travelhome Water Problem ? (1 Viewer)

richard44t

Free Member
Aug 20, 2012
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Ford Ci Travelhome
Exp
just started
Hi, I've just purchased my very first motorhome, a 1978 vintage Ci Travelhome based on a Ford Transit chassis and am in the process of figuring out what everything does. The one thing I've noticed so far and cannot fugure out is that there is a switch to pump the water to the sink in the kitchen area, however, the same switch has to be on in order to use shower attachment in the loo, my question is this, How do I stop the water running in the kitchen sink while I'm using the shower attachment ? Please put me our of my misery !!:cry:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
>> Ford Ci Travelhome Water Problem ?

Must be the Duke of Edinburgh model.

PS.....

Sensible answer - turn the tap off in the kitchen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

richard44t

Free Member
Aug 20, 2012
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Ford Ci Travelhome
Exp
just started
Thanks Brian, if only that simple, there is no on/off on the tap, just a spout sticking up above sink whicj runs cold water constantly when motor switched on. I will have to do some serious investigation underneath, perhaps rip-off all the panelling.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I seem to remeber many years back I had taps that had the on/off thing was on the end of the spout and you twisted it on and off. Could it be that there was one of these and it has gone missing.

A bit like this one

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
It appears that this is a non std fit, probably someones attempted "fix":Eeek:. Suggest replacing kitchen tap for on off type or an electrical rewire.:Doh:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

richard44t

Free Member
Aug 20, 2012
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Ford Ci Travelhome
Exp
just started
Hi Phil, yes shower has a trigger to get the water flowing, I think perhaps one of the other posts may hold the answer, ie. something is missing from the tap on the sink. I will have to have a more detailed tinker methinks :Smile:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

richard44t

Free Member
Aug 20, 2012
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Ford Ci Travelhome
Exp
just started
Just to compound my troubles, if you can call it that, after driving hundreds of miles back home with the van with no problems, on starting it today the damn battery light is staying on so looks like the alternator gone on me..:cry:

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just to compound my troubles, if you can call it that, after driving hundreds of miles back home with the van with no problems, on starting it today the damn battery light is staying on so looks like the alternator gone on me..:cry:

What's the old saying ? "Everything happens in threes".

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

richard44t

Free Member
Aug 20, 2012
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Ford Ci Travelhome
Exp
just started
No not the Reg you mention. As this is my very first motorhome and somewhat old I am sure I will come across loads of faults over time, ones I have at present are the easy to spot ones...

Upvote 0

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
No not the Reg you mention. As this is my very first motorhome and somewhat old I am sure I will come across loads of faults over time, ones I have at present are the easy to spot ones...

Ok, well just from memory (it was a long time ago! :winky:)

1. check the live axle king pins for play. Mine had to be re-bushed

2. Check rear springs haven't flexed the wrong way. Re-tempered mine.

3. If you've got the Vailant "on the wall water heater"...............PRAY!

4. Check overcab windows for leaks in bedroom area. Mine quietly leaked away for years behind the trimming until a particulary energetic Sunday morning nearly had Mrs Zaskar and I rolling across the campsite cos the bed floor frame had rotted!:Doh::ROFLMAO:

5. The fire flue vent on the roof can be screwed down for winter to stop the weather coming in. I didn't know this for the first 2 years of ownership and the fire never "breathed" properly............in hindsight, its a wonder we weren't gassed!

Good luck!:Smile:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back