Ford base vehicle Warranty (1 Viewer)

johna

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Funster No
Has any one had any problems with Ford Warranty, I've a 12month old AutoRoller based on Ford Chassis, I understood I had a 3yr Ford Warranty which covered me in the UK and Europe. I am of to France in a wk or two, so rang Ford and the breakdown service only to find out that they have no record of the vehicle. Seems as the Motor home was built in Italy it could be classed as an import? and the 3yr Warranty may not apply, only the warranty it would of had in Italy. Even though the vehicle Chassis was probably built in Germany and is the same vehicle you would purchase in the UK. I am comming up against a brick wall at the moment, but it would appear that I have no breakdown cover in this country or Europe, and I hate to think where that leaves me with any warranty, so beware check your cover before you need it. Is this just another Motorhome quirk, has anyone any advice to offer.

many thanks
johna

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Hi. I have an imported American RV (obviously USA made!!!) and when i imported it a phoned Ford in USA about the warranty and was told and I quote "If its got a Ford badge on the front its warranty is valid worldwide at any Ford dealer".

Ive not had any cause to find out if this is the case but it sounded fairly comprehensive to me! Hope you get it sorted out :thumb:

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Johna

We have a similar problem with our Adria Vision, based on a Renault Master chassis. However, Renault at least do acknowledge the existence of our Renault chassis, which is an EU one. As the base vehicle was from a European source and not UK, it carries a European warranty not a UK one. Sometimes this means a two year instead of a three year warranty.

In the case of Renault, they START their warranties when they sell the base vehicle to the motorhome manufacturer, meaning you get, as the first purchaser, a MYSTERY, VARIABLE warranty of a few months at most!!!! However, I am not aware of this with Ford - it seems as if normal warranty rules would apply, namely that thhe EU-sourced Ford base would carry an EU warranty as applied to the country of origin (in your case Italy)which starts when the van is sold to you as first retail purchaser (unlike the GREAT RENAULT RIP-OFF). UK Ford dealers should honour this as the van is from an official EU source.
Ford have access to EU based serial numbers on their database, so clarify this with them, and please let us know!!!

Laurie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

johna

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Funster No
Ford Warrenty

Just to let you know I finally got my warrenty sorted, and have the remainder of the 3yrs on the vehicle, just takes a little persistance, like so many things these days, trying to get people to actually do what they are paid for. Johna

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Jolly good, too. Renault eventually sorted out the warranty on ours as well, despite their rather dense stupidity intially. They have no idea when it comes to motorhomes and sale of base vehicles to convertors, that's for sure - the idiots on the call centre phones are not keen on finding sensible advice either - much easier to spout pompous rubbish!

:thumb: At least its sorted!!

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
Still waiting to get my warranty sorted out (only had the van just over a week:RollEyes: so not too worried yet), I had contacted Adria & Renault. The issue is that it is up to the dealer to submit the paperwork back to Adria who deal with Renault export not Renault UK. I did email Renault MotorHome I recieved a reply from Noël PETIT who sid that the waranty always begin at the date of first registration & if it hasn't been done I could email them a copy for it to be sorted out. I did mention about Fiat Assistannce & he said that the email address Renault MotorHome works like Camper assistance of Fiat.

Full contact details for him

Noël PETIT
Division Véhicules Utilitaires
Service Ventes directes
Manager support - Expertises techniques
Tel: +33 1 76 84 92 17 - Fax: +33 1 76 89 03 35
noel.petit@renault.com

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

I know its a car but our Fiat Panda has a 3 year warranty but only a 1 year breakdown cover, just thought i would mention it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back