Forces War Records (1 Viewer)

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
Bilbos Nexa
Exp
on and off since 1980
How can you unsubscribe from this lot, since they got hold off my e.mail address I have bombarded with crap. Glad I did not pay, I got the information for free elsewhere and this lot seem to be close to being con merchants

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I had problems with them about 18 months ago when they registered me even though I abandoned the process part way through when I realised it was a site owned by Forces Reunited (I had problems with the company when they bought out the British Genealogy Forum). On receiving the registration e-mail from them I sent the following reply
"Forces War Records Customer Care"<sophie@forces-war-records.co.uk>

Dear Sophie,

I suspended the registration process when I realised that the Forces War Records site was associated with Forces Reunited, a company which I have prior experience of and which I certainly do not wish to be connected with in the future. I have no intention of completing the registration nor of paying any money to Forces War Records.

Please cancel my registration, remove all my personal data from the company's records and confirm by return that this has been done.

Regards,
Graham Hadfield
I received a reply the next day
All accounts found have been deleted. Please ensure you have sent us your request from the only email address you have registered and/or given us additional information on other email addresses you may have used to ensure all accounts which may be held by you are found and deleted.

We appreciate unwanted mail can be an annoyance & do apologise sincerely if you have been receiving such. Email preferences are clearly shown within your profile and we adhere to all industry regulations regarding the sending of emails.

All of your details have been removed from our server but may remain in cached pages elsewhere on the internet, these should expire in due course and are out of our control.

Kind Regards,
Forces War Records Customer Care

The Whois register shows that the web site is owned by Clever Digit Media Ltd (originally created in 2001 as Forces Reunited Ltd). CEO e-mail web site shows the Chief Executive to be Dominic Hayhoe, Email dhayhoe@clever-digit-media.co.uk.

If contacting Customer Care doesn't work it would be worth sending him an e-mail telling him to remove your personal data from his company's records.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I get loads of emails from Sophie as well.

I will forward them all on to Dominic now so that his inbox is full of sh*t as well(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back