For those who upload dash cam footage onto their profile

Discussion in 'GPS Navigation' started by GAVLAD, May 5, 2016.

1. GAVLAD

GAVLAD Funster

I've a question for those of you out there who post footage onto their preferred choice of site or blog for others to view and follow - @KeithChesterfield is an expert at it from viewing his Youtube channel, - do you upload your footage at your earliest opportunity and if so, does this mean you take your laptop with you?
    or do you save your footage somehow, to avoid over recording, and then upload on your return?

I've just viewed my last trip out and unfortunately, the arrival route and site have been recorded over on the loop record.
    I've got the journey home if anyone would be interested in that?!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

I guess you would need to change the sd card if you didn't want to faff about editing while away. But then of course some folk don't edit their videos....:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Boringfrog

Boringfrog Funster

Some dash cams you can do something to save a certain portion of the recorded footage, incase you have an accident and need to save the evidence.

• Like Like x 1
  4. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Yes, that would be the way to do it.. then edit and upload at your leisure ..

• Like Like x 1
  5. Clarky

Clarky Funster

I remove the SD card when we get to our destination if I want to upload footage of the approach to an aire or site.
    Put card into laptop and copy the files for the last few km into a new folder. Once I've copied the files I want the SD can go back into the camera to be recorded over.
    They stay on the laptop until I get time to edit them, add titles, wipes, photos and GPS details. Upload takes hours with our slow broadband so they get sorted and uploaded when we are at home, usually a pleasant project for winter months.

I have a stack of them from our last trip to Spain and Portugal to edit but they might not see YouTube until later in the year.

Richard.

• Like Like x 1