For The Women...do You Need A Man Around Or Take For Granted? (1 Viewer)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Ok just spent the best part of the afternoon trying to change the lock on my summer house door. 2 hrs or so later I finally get the rusted thing off after having no key and drilling the lock. Drive 7mile to the toolstore...no same lock, then arrive B&Q to end up coming out with different lock, doesn't fit blah blah . 6 hrs down the line ive one messy looking door that still wont lock.
Thank god for funsters like @andy63 that will visit when on scottish travels and fix for me.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Ok just spent the best part of the afternoon trying to change the lock on my summer house door. 2 hrs or so later I finally get the rusted thing off after having no key and drilling the lock. Drive 7mile to the toolstore...no same lock, then arrive B&Q to end up coming out with different lock, doesn't fit blah blah . 6 hrs down the line ive one messy looking door that still wont lock.
Thank god for funsters like @andy63 that will visit when on scottish travels and fix for me.

Haha.. sounds like we may need new doors now.....
Or is the house still standing..:LOL:

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
If the men are honest we have all been and done similar, but just by experience we can foresee the possibilities of a job going wrong. Don't blame yourself for being a woman, just put it down to experience

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
My Gran said a man was only good for one thing..... and if push came to shove she could unblock her own drains........

@tonka Martin says with a washing machine just find the "fast wash" and it will work fine... otherwise number 4 or number 5 !!!!!!!! No responsibility taken for this advice.........

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
If the men are honest we have all been and done similar, but just by experience we can foresee the possibilities of a job going wrong. Don't blame yourself for being a woman, just put it down to experience

Exactly.. The number of men who don't know how to Iron or operate the washing machine stuns me. These are not hard tasks but as you say just down to experience. Same with the lock change. Not hard once you know how. However even those of us of a practical bent can still cock things up now and again. We also have great experience in covering up cock ups :p:whistle:

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Exactly.. The number of men who don't know how to Iron or operate the washing machine stuns me. These are not hard tasks but as you say just down to experience. Same with the lock change. Not hard once you know how. However even those of us of a practical bent can still cock things up now and again. We also have great experience in covering up cock ups :p:whistle:

Its not about making a cock up but how you make it look like you haven't :D

Having spent many years working with my hands im an exponent at cover ups :LOL:

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
The women here in Portugal.................. Got to go,first wifes coming.....
Tea Ba........

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
The Moslem men have the best idea. They make their women walk behind them, in case they may accidentally give birth to The Messiah, then she can pick the baby up. (y)(y)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

Welcome to my World.

I am completely useless at anything like that

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
Sounds like one of my 10 minute jobs. They start off as should take 10 minutes until I find I don't have the right tools / parts / glue and have to go shopping. I can make one of these jobs last days :LOL:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I am useless at most things since I don't have the strength or eg big enough hands or long enough arms or legs to reach whatever it is etc. However I'm damn good at paperhanging - then married a bloke who is averse to wallpaper - which according to him you only have to hide the poor state of your walls. Whilst agreeing that it can do that job (growing up in a Victorian terraced property gave me that knowledge from a very early age!) I still think it can and often does look fantastic if it's the right pattern in the right place. I very often comment so on things like DIY SOS. I can also make a mean curtain (and clothes, but actually that's got a bit expensive these days) but suffer from not having hardly any shops that sell decent material at affordable prices for curtains. And he never likes any patterns that I do, it seems.

I could redecorate a whole room with colours and materials of my choice with my first husband - whose total input would be gloss paintwork, or emulsioning the ceiling, maybe stirring a bucket of paste, both quite happily.

So my actual skills haven't been used for years and I'm fed up!

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
I know a few men that couldn't fix a lock ! My O.H is so used to doing all the D.I.Y jobs himself over the years ! I have a hell of a job now trying to convince him it's now time to pay someone else to do things.

Never mind him I'm now tired of being his right hand WOMAN! Lol

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
@Clive we are sure you are quite good at hiding your ----ups.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Thanks irnbru you have just reminded me what a good catch I am.......;)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I'm always there for taking the tops of jars
After wifey got it started of course :LOL:

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Swings and roundabouts in this house. Steve solves all computer related problems and do the decorating. He prepares the salad whilst I go shopping......put things away and find the cucumber he couldn't find!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
They aren't mistakes, they are learning opportunities.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back