For the mechanics amongst you (1 Viewer)

beelag

Free Member
Dec 5, 2010
Far North of Scotland
Funster No
MH
autocruise van conversion
Exp
If its cable type clutch check pedal height in comparison to brake. If pedal is lower often clutch is not quite clearing completely and gets worse as it gets very hot.
Adjust cable so that pedals are level and try that.
Also it is advisable on these to slightly overfill gearbox by about 250ml. This might help selection if it is a selector/shaft/synchro problem but is mainly to ensure there is a little more oil being thrown up to the splash fed bolt-on 5th gear added to an originally 4 speed box to avoid the all too common 5th gear failure problem.
Bill

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Well he sort of got to the bottom of it. He had a complete clutch fitted,pressure plate,clutch plate and thrust bearing. I saw the parts that were taken off and the only thing with any wear was the thrust bearing and a little wear in the flywheel centre bearing,why he had replaced whilst the gearbox was out. I spoke to him on the phone about 3 weeks ago and asked if all was now well. He said it went fine for about 200/400 miles and the problem came back. So he says he will learn to live with it. Unless any of you know of anyone north of Birmingham that can check the gear linkage for him. I cannot think of anything else it can be now. I was under the impression that the column change vans did not have this problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
how far north of birmingham is your friend????
just to give a rougher idea of if anyone knows someone.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back