footprint (1 Viewer)

May 1, 2009
SOUTH WOODHAM FERRERS
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Lost our sat signal just south of Peniscola.On sites they use larger dishes to still get astra 2.How does the science of this work? Does this mean if I use a 2 mtr dish it will get astra in south Morroco? If the footprint was smaller we would need larger dishes even in France.It seems a simple case of size matters.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the nearer the edge of the footprint, the larger the dish required....until you are outside the footprint then even a dish borrowed from joderal bank wont get you a signal.

the footprint is akin to a torch being shone on a wall....once you look outside the torchs beam pattern on the wall theres no light.

Attachments

• Jodrell_Bank_1118890c.jpg
    Jodrell_Bank_1118890c.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Lost our sat signal just south of Peniscola.On sites they use larger dishes to still get astra 2.How does the science of this work? Does this mean if I use a 2 mtr dish it will get astra in south Morroco? If the footprint was smaller we would need larger dishes even in France.It seems a simple case of size matters.

We got back from Bennicassim in July at that time we had all the channels with a 1.2mtr dish, I don't know for next year if things change. Pete :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
I was just down the coast from Beni last Friday at Castellon.

1.2m auto tracking Seatel dish.

Could still get all the "Sky" channels, Sky News, Sky sports news, Sky sports 1,2,3,4 etc..... Eurosport, CNN, Sky 1, Dave etc but no BBC or ITV channels whereas a few weeks ago I could get all of them.

Seems like the changes are beginning to take effect.:Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back