Foot & Mouth food restrictions in France (1 Viewer)

asjs

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
North of England
Funster No
Exp
Hi

Does anyone know if there are still food restrictions in France. I am catching a ferry on the 15th and I don't want to have to throw any food away at the ferry terminal. Thanks. :thumb:

S

Stew

Deleted User
Hi
We came back early september and there was then but not sure now , having said that we still took meat etc with us and no one stopped to check.

V

vicdicdoc

Deleted User
We went over to France 4 weeks ago & returned last week - no restrictions at all, I phoned DEFRA who assured me restrictions have been lifted for 'foot & mouth' but don't know about this 'blue tongue' . . worth just giving them and the ferry company a quick call

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
A posting on the dark side states that staff at the Hull ferry terminal were confiscating all meat and dairy products last Saturday.

OP
OP
asjs

asjs

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
North of England
Funster No
Exp
Hi

Thanks for all the replies. I have looked on the DEFRA web site and is is not very clear, so I will ring the ferry company as vicdicdoc suggests, again thanks.:thumb:
P.s It's it's a bit mad at the moment :whatthe::whatthe:emptying my van ready to pick up a new one on Tuesday and then catching a ferry the following Sunday. I will be glad when it's the Thursday after the ferry and I will be in sunny Spain.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
Foot & Mouth restrictions

This is the latest info from the DEFRA site for persons travelling abroad.
Link Removed

Don

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back