Folding trailers hi fabrications (1 Viewer)

Feb 23, 2013
St Austell
Funster No
MH
Vantage max
Exp
since 2014
As put in others post looking to take are car with us on some trips ,not going to go with a A Frame so will have to be a trailer have seen details of a folding trailer from this company looks a good item,has anybody seen or got one,I know it is not cheap but as we live in cornwall and the company is in Wigan I would like to get any info before maybe going to visit.Also does any one know of any other folding trailers before I maybe go down the standard route .
Thanks for any feedback and wishing you all a merry xmas
web site of item admin@hiqfabrications.co.uk

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The only thing I really do not like about those things is the fact there is no way to lock down the cam tighteners ..
If they pop up ( far from unheard of ) the nut could easily drop off the other side.
If I was using one I would get some bungy chords just to hold down the cam arms..

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Last edited:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
OP
OP
Adrian1
Feb 23, 2013
St Austell
Funster No
MH
Vantage max
Exp
since 2014
Bob
If you mean the trailer in the video perhaps you could arrange for the owner to contact me so we can talk about maybe how he gets on wit it or perhaps if the price is right who knows
Adrian

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Type approval isn't an issue on anything except the newest motorhomes/trailers is it?
Having had a quick look then these would have to be type approved trailers since 2012 in order to be sold. Assuming you've got a type approved towbar.. etc etc

Any trailer constructed& sold after 28th October 2012.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Bob
If you mean the trailer in the video perhaps you could arrange for the owner to contact me so we can talk about maybe how he gets on wit it or perhaps if the price is right who knows
Adrian

Hi Adrian, sorry about the delay but its the sites Christmas party today, had a word with him and he has someone that is interested in the trailer and the car for £7000, so we will see. :xgrin:

But as for talking about it, he is the father of the chap that makes them. xroll::xdoh:
But seeing it on his pitch, and compared with our smart trailer we had, its a brilliant idea but comes with large price tag. :xlaugh: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Adrian1
Feb 23, 2013
St Austell
Funster No
MH
Vantage max
Exp
since 2014
Thanks bob
we will see, are you in spain now do you find it ok taking a trailer and how is parking on sites if we go for a non folding trailer
Adrian

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
They where on show at Peterborough. Had a Look, they appear to be well constructed. But that (also) means they are expensive, for what they are? (a Trailer)

Still an interesting concept, and would be something to look out for Second hand?.

A Friend had a Smart Trailer (an older Brian James with folding Draw-bar) on site at La Manga, he Boarded it out, rigged his Gazebo over it and used it to party and Barbecue!!.

Pete

OP
OP
Adrian1
Feb 23, 2013
St Austell
Funster No
MH
Vantage max
Exp
since 2014
Thanks for all your help think I will go to see one or if any one knows of one for sale or if some lives nearer to us in cornwall who has on please let us know.
Thanks again for the feedback

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back