Folding electric Bicycle recommendations please

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by GIBLA53, Feb 28, 2012.

1. GIBLA53

GIBLA53 Read Only Funster

Hi we have 2 full size BH leccys and good as they are we would like a 20" wheel folder . BH make some but at £1900 too pricey, a friend has a Batribike Quartz and is fairly happy - any suggestions welcomed

Alan

2. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

find one made of rubber they fold easier.:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

We bought a couple of 20" wheel folders from AS Bikes at the Northern Show at Cheshire Showground about 18 months or so ago and are very satisfied with them. We bought after having had a good look at the offerings from the various sellers there on the basis that we thought AS had the edge on both build quality and value for money.

4. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

It's called "Sparky"

Google promotion electric bikes !
    I bought one at the MHF meet at Shrewsbury last year !
    Fantastic piece of kit ! £500 !:thumb::thumb::thumb:

5. Gooney

Gooney Funster

I'll endorse these comments, we also bought two and are very pleased with them, however if I was buying again I'd go for the 35v model rather than the 24volt that we bought:thumb:

6. ronboyracer

ronboyracer Read Only Funster

Elec bikes

I will second all them comments A.S bikes absoloutely brilliant.

7. gozomike

gozomike Funster Life Member Life Member

I agree with Graham & Gooney, I have been using an AS bikes one for well over 2 years. Brill bit of kit.:Smile:

8. SilverF1

SilverF1 Funster

I tried both the 20" and 26" folding electric bikes at AS Bikes last year. The 26" bike is more comfortable on a rough surface; the 20" folds slightly smaller because of the smaller wheels.

If size folded is more important than the comfort of the larger-wheel bike, then then the 20" is ideal. Comfort more important? Buy the larger-wheeled 26" one.

I bought the 26", 36v battery model with the 250w motor. It has kevlar puncture resistant tyres. I can keep up with my wife on her bike now. :Smile:

Contact AS Bikes via here for a test ride or two. There's no obligation to buy and less than half the price of BH.

9. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

We have 2 leccy 20 inch folding wheels. We bought the. To go in the Luton but they have never been up there. I wanted to have the 26 inch wheels for comfort so we are deciding whether to change them for two 26 inch models.

We have seen folding 26 inch models with 36 volt battery 250 watt motor on. With AS bikes for £795.
    Amazing after sales with as bikes. Even send parts abroad when needed as we did last year when our stand broke. Even sent some spokes through the post for us and a new throttle,which we replaced as we weren't near Coventry where they are based,they would have done it free if we were,but we are handy with that sort of thing anyway. Having worked in halfords. :Cool:

10. Jaygee32

Jaygee32 Read Only Funster

try www.buybuybicycles.com I bought one a couple of years ago and they gave a discount for caravan club members. quick delivery too.

11. GIBLA53

GIBLA53 Read Only Funster

Thanks to all who replied and obviously AS seems by far the majority choice for a reasonably priced leccy folder. We as i said are very happy with our BH non-folders but horses for courses there are many short trips where a folder would be far more convenient

Alan:Smile:

ps i did forget about the rubber folder - silly me !!!!

12. novawight

novawight Read Only Funster

A.S Bike for me , had a bit of trouble spokes breaking, just sent me a new bike by return,goes by it,s word of no quibbble guarentee