Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Does anyone know if you can buy a fold up sat dish (works like a chinese fan)??::bigsmile:

Ive seen one in a film once and thought it was a great idea and would sell like hot cake to the motorhome/caravan community but not seen any for sale or on the interweb:Doh:

Looking at other threads on here for decent TV in Europe you need to take a 1.4-1.8 mtr dish :Eeek: which would fold down very nicely into a block 750-800mm long

Cheers :thumb:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi I have seen what you mean, Some guys have one in Benidorm every winter, it dosn`t fold up like a fan though, its sectional and they build it up, I would say its at least 2 mtr when erected,
Often thought what a good idea it was till I watched them put it up, it took about 2 hours and then you have to secure it down very well becouse of wind resistance.

hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I think that is whats called the Tulip dish or petal dish.I have only heard bad reports about them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I saw a version years ago that folded like an umbrella. Whenever I have asked around I have been told they do exist but are for 'special forces use'. Perhaps I should look around the army surplus stores in Hereford!!!

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I saw a version years ago that folded like an umbrella. Whenever I have asked around I have been told they do exist but are for 'special forces use'. Perhaps I should look around the army surplus stores in Hereford!!!

That has given me an idea! what if you took an umberella and recovered it with panels made of metalised fabric and cut the panels to form a parabolic shape!!

There are sites that have the formular for parabolic curves.

Doug...

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Does anyone know if you can buy a fold up sat dish (works like a chinese fan)??::bigsmile:

Ive seen one in a film once and thought it was a great idea and would sell like hot cake to the motorhome/caravan community but not seen any for sale or on the interweb:Doh:

Looking at other threads on here for decent TV in Europe you need to take a 1.4-1.8 mtr dish :Eeek: which would fold down very nicely into a block 750-800mm long

Cheers :thumb:

thats for southern spain dazzer.

60cm dish will do just fine as far as northern spain:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bob

Free Member
Feb 10, 2008
ALDRIDGE WEST MIDS
Funster No
MH
rapido
Exp
SINCE 1992
satalite dish

Maplins sell the type of dish that can be assembled and comes with a stand its priced at around £99 for a 1.3 mtre its a bit weighty. Recently bought one intending to take it to spain this winter, on opening the box found most of the plates damaged so returned to maplin and got my money back will instead play with my old 1.1 dusbin lid with a better L N B. All the best bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back