Flying the Flag an Ethical Dilema

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by lunarman, Jul 25, 2010.

1. lunarman

lunarman Funster

Just returned from a weekend away at the Welland Steam Fair with the Motorcaravanners Club (MCC). On arrival we were parked next to Ambillkate (Amanda, Bill and Kath).

Kath wanted to know why I was not flying the fun flag. I had to admit to not owning one :Blush:. Kath said that she had one but did not want to fly it because it was not a fun rallyshe thought it would be unethical. After much discussion and Kaths intransigence I decided to fly her flag (well Amandas actually) on my van.

So who was correct is it ethically wrong to fly the fun flag at another clubs rally?

Further if it is ok, then as Jim is getting immensely rich from the subs :Rofl1: could this be a form of advertising which we should get paid for :thumb:

Also as Kath refused to fly it should I have confiscated it :Laughing:

I look forward to a few fun replies

Lunarman

Attached Files:

2. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

Fly whatever flag you want to wherever you are.

The UK prides itself on freedom and thats what English soldiers in the wars fought for.

We fly the English Flag whenever we choose and we fly the new Fun Flag wherever we are pitched.

You can always say because its so bright you know you can find your motorhome in the dark no matter what you have drunk -tea coffee or alcohol.

3. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Not unethical at all, its more like a statement of intent. But do remember that if you fly it upside down that is now worldly recognised as the motorhomer in distress signal.:thumb:

4. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

a friend flew his fun flag at the knutsford meet and he was with another group there

5. Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo Funster Life Member

flag

hi there lunarman,i was at the northern motorhome show last weekend at knutsford with the ARVE:Eek!: and jim forced me at gunpoint to fly the fun flag:Eeek::Rofl1::Rofl1: regards brian jo & josh:thumb:

6. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

I would think if you were with another club and flying a couple of flags no problem flying the FUN flag along with them. Not over sure just flying the flag on its own when at at MCC rally though, would start some conversations I would guess.

7. JJ

JJ Funster

If it is ten press ups for not wearing your Funster badge then it should be LIFE for not flying/displaying the Flag...

JJ

8. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

If other clubs are that sensitive that they cannot give you the freedom of choice then surely it is YOUR CHOICE and possibly THEIR LOSS

9. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

We are currently at the 9 day MCC rally at Tenby. Our Fun flag has been flying high from day 1 with no objections. One chap asked me what the flag was about as he had seen quite a few of them flying at the Newbury Show.

Brisey.