Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
If you live in Tunbridge Wells duck my gazebo is about to take off.

It is a case of .. Houston we have a problem.... The high winds have hit us now and boy have we some rain... the gazebo is trying to take off.. manage to snap a couple of the top metal poles... still retained to the ground by substantial weights on concrete.. but I get the feeling it is not going to be standing for long... I would prefer it went down now before I set off to Peterborough in the early hours.

I am going to get very wet loading the car on tot he trailer and lashing down the wheel straps.. oh what fun camping is.

Anyone want to buy a nice RV and trailer:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:sod the end of the season.

Bob:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Hold in there Bob, the bad weather can't last forever and then we will all forget about how bad it is and start enjoying ourselves again ::bigsmile:

Good luck with the gazebo. Hope it isn't damaged too badly.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I have had it 6 years

Hold in there Bob, the bad weather can't last forever and then we will all forget about how bad it is and start enjoying ourselves again ::bigsmile:

Good luck with the gazebo. Hope it isn't damaged too badly.

I have had it 6 years now.. put it up and March and have taken it down as late as November.. it was a £99 thing, never put the sides on it.. more used as a sun shade...

This morning one of the poles to the apex went.. previously (held with gaffer tape and metal) a side metal part snapped.. so it has done good service..

I have an el expensive on cost £500.. that had a snapped side first outing.. had the part replaced but that has been in the workshop 5 years now.. never use it.. only got to see a bit of wind and that is it.

But it is bad down here in Kent .. heavy, really heavy rain... why we need a hose pipe ban is past me... it has rained nearly every day since the 5th April when it came in to force. Just would like it to stop by 4 a.m tomorrow when i have to put the car on the trailer and hook it up to the RV.. putting on the wheel straps in the rain is not much fun..

Bob:Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
I'll keep an eye out for it Bob :winky:

(Didn't know you lived in Tunbridge Wells area...I'm in Crowborough at the moment, been here for a few weeks.)

Winds not too bad here at the moment, but I'm ready for them :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
you at goldsmiths?

I'll keep an eye out for it Bob :winky:

(Didn't know you lived in Tunbridge Wells area...I'm in Crowborough at the moment, been here for a few weeks.)

Winds not too bad here at the moment, but I'm ready for them :ROFLMAO:

You up at Goldsmiths? by the leisure centre?

Only about 8 miles from me... often come to Morrisons and Liddl in Crowborough

Normally the wind is worse there as you are higher up than Tunbridge Wells. Are you doing Peterborough or heading back out to Spain?

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back