Fly Screen Manufacturer with the Unpronouncable Name

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by John Laidler, Jul 1, 2014.

1. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

While we were in Scotland we heard from someone that there was a company which was going to bring out a fly screen for the sliding side door of Ducato panel vans. Unfortunately, I didn't write down the company's name but I do remember it was something unpronounceable, probably beginning with a "P".

Does anyone know what this company is called?

2. Sheddy

Sheddy Funster

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

• Like Like x 1
  4. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

Many thanks for both of the above. I don't think either of these was the company mentioned but they both offer a similar product to what I was looking for.

Dometic one looks neat but €500 compared to about €140 for the other one.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  5. BwB

BwB Funster Life Member

Drop BobAndJane a PM. They have a system on their PVC which was very good value. Based on an off the shelf system available in the high street which requires a bit of modding but works well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

Thanks, one of the requirements is it must be fairly easy to get in and out. We saw a system based on sprung loaded shower curtain poles in Scotland but it was a bit of a fiddle to enter and leave the van without taking it all down and it wasn't really fly-proof around the edges.

7. TheCaller

TheCaller Funster

The Globecar range (Ducato based) have a sliding door type of flyscreen fitted. So they should be available as a spare part. You would need about 20mm clearance between the door & any furniture that comes across the door opening.

They are quite a substantial bit of kit, so I wouldn't expect them to be cheap. I don't think there is a visible maker's name on it, but I'll have a look.

• Like Like x 1
  8. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

Greetings DBK,

Went to Wilko a couple of weeks ago for something totally unrelated but found a JML Flyscreen that's meant for domestic use. The thing is, it's designed (more thrown together really???) for french windows and, as such it's in two parts with the join held together with magnets.

We have bought one to adapt because our Hobby, having curved sides and an door that intrudes into the inside of the van means that the 'caravan type' flyscreen is inappropriate.
    For what it's worth, here is the link,

http://www.jmldirect.com/uk/pets/snap-screen/invt/s68ss10100000000

Regards

• Like Like x 1
  9. jemhorn

jemhorn Funster

You could try these are they provide purpose made screens for the domestic market. Flybird Installations www.fbiltd.co.uk 01728638110 My neighbour has just installed a set on his patio doors. Really very good.

10. Chockswahay

Chockswahay Funster

We have one in our Globecar and I can tell you that they don't stop Scottish midges !! However they are great for keeping bigger flies and wasps etc out. I read somewhere that they cost about £500........I wouldn't pay that much. Have you thought about those 'bead' things that the French all seem to have?

11. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

I don't many MHs are truly midge-proof, the mesh on roof lights for example is also too big in my experience. The £500 screen is the Dometic one I think, linked to earlier. The dangly bead thing is certainly an option.