LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have never used it or felt the need to. If you keep to regular oil changes its not necessary. I had a friend that used flushing oil and the engine was never the same afterwards. Engines need carbon build up to stop excessive oil burning. That's why new engines use oil till they build up a layer of carbon.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Have never used it or felt the need to. If you keep to regular oil changes its not necessary. I had a friend that used flushing oil and the engine was never the same afterwards. Engines need carbon build up to stop excessive oil burning. That's why new engines use oil till they build up a layer of carbon.

I wouldn't use either as it will disturb the gunk in the sump but won't clean it out properly, this will then contaminate the fresh oil.. making matters worse, not better.

If it's a high mileage engine it may be worth while removing the sump pan and giving it a good clean..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
IMHO it is not worth using for most engines - your best approach is regular oil changes - always use a good oil of the right grade and good quality filters and take the vehicle for a good run before changing it - it gets all the crap in suspension - just be very carefull when draining the oil as it will be very hot.!!!

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I know a few funsters who flush with
images
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
If you do feel the need to flush, use cheap supermarket oil, drain, fit filters, add oil, run to operating temp, drain again, add proper oil.
In the old days, we used to use diesel.................:Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back