Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
So, a gang of mates booked to go to a european city for the weekend. They booked a couple of months in advance, and as often happens, near the time, someone had to drop out.
No problem, someone else would take their place, the T&C;s state that the name changing fee would be £30 if online, £40 if done at the airport.
So the agent was phoned with the name to remove and the one to put on,

"Thats OK sir, i,ll just check the price for you"

"No problem" says I.

"Ok sir, I have the fee now, it is £170"

"Do f*U*****g what?? Rubbish, its no more than £40"

"No sir, it is £40 EACH way, plus, the difference in cost between what you paid for the ticket, and what we could sell it npow for..which is £90, a total of £170 sir, would you like to go ahead"

"No I would,nt, shove it you robbing gits, leave the booking exactly as it is, MR Soand So will still be going"
OK sir, have a nice day.

Good job i have a good phone, it bounced around the cab a bit.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Where's the problem.????

It's always been there in black and white, Not saying it fair BUT it is made known in advance...

Flight prices always go up nearer the time and I guess the name change fee can be expected... Back in February I could not make a flight back to my van in Benidorm ( central heating boiler blew up at home) it was cheaper to just loose the flight and book another one...

Ferry's are the same. Book a cheap crossing and have to change they charge the difference and an admin fee.. Yes been a victim of that as well....:Doh:

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
You sound surprised.
All the flight companies are robbing barstewards.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
darklord

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
I WAS aware of the change fee, but not EACH WAY ?????, and i certainly was not aware that i would have to pay the difference in the cost of the fare when booked, against what they SAY they could sell it for now!!
As said, I know now, and they wont be able to resell the seat, because they will not be notified its not required till its too late to sell it.
I,m all for cheap travel, (i own a bleddy MH for chrissakes) and ive already had to buy their "special" sized hand luggage (dont need cases in a MH), as they will charge an arm and a leg for hold luggage, but making a charge for tippexingout a name and typing in another, and having a cost, for something they are not able to sell, beats the hell out of me.

Still, Iknow NOW:thumb:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
I go to the Dover ferry terminal. "I need to cross today?"

"Yes sir, that will be £120."

Not paying that, so I go to the ticket broker in Dover.

"I need to cross today?"

"Yes sir that will be £50."

They would sooner pay a broker commission, than sell the ticket to me direct. The mind boggles.

No wonder Sea France went bust.

Don't ask why they do what they do, because it never makes any sense. They would sooner have an empty seat than let you think you might have beaten them.

Pete:Cool:

Last edited:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
As said, I know now, and they wont be able to resell the seat, because they will not be notified its not required till its too late to sell it.

Wrong, they will know when no one checks in and probably sell it just before they go and they have already had the original payment.! So we cant win..... :Sad:

If it makes you feel any better, my mate booked us (2 couples) for a cheap break to Dublin for about £20 return each..! We arrived at Dublin airport for our 7pm flight after a great weekend to be told "sorry you should have been here earlier !!" 12 HOURS !!!:Doh:
Silly sod it was a 7am flight..
He was that guilty it cost him £150 each to get us back home than night....... :Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back