Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Just spent the day in the MH and got a big shock when we opened the habitation door.
There were loads of flies round the door seal on the inside.
We searched for any forgotten food in the van but found nothing.
Has anyone else had this problem and do you know what might have caused it?
We were away for the weekend two weeks ago and all was fine then.
Yuk ...

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Hi Margaret and Shirley

My first thought was some food left somewhere but you have checked that. Did you have any dog chews or the like?

We have found the odd dead fly and wasp but nothing else.

Kath

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Inside the van or could they just have crawled into the door gap from outside? Could be they were looking for somewhere to hibernate, do flies do that? We tend to get various bugs including flies takeing up residence in the outer aircon cover in winter, the old van the little buggers would sometimes find there way inside. On the current they haven't yet but we bought a cover for winter parked up times to make it harder for them, horrible little so and so's!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
There might be some dog chews somewhere hidden. Our two hide them from one another and they can be quite inventive.
I hadn't thought of them crawling in looking for shelter but there did seem to be an awful lot of them.
We sprayed loads of fly killer around the door edges and made sure they were all gone when we left it - here's hoping.
:Eeek:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
The weather has been a little erratic of late. We noticed flies had disappeared - and my peace returned...then a few started appearing again during last weeks warm spell.

You will find that they most likely hatched from the area, and when the weather turned again, sought refuge somewhere warm. Flies only live for 48 hours if I recall correctly.

2 minutes if I have anything to do with it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back