LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Did any one take the time to look at the British made solar panels by MIPV quite impressive apart from the limited size 120w was 2.4mts no brackets to fit just prep and stick all very simple on the face of it and comparable price to other ridged panels for sale at the show.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Had a look and interesting claims were being made but his demonstration of solar efficiency by plugging a voltmeter into a open circuit/unconnected panel hardly seemed appropriate.

Would like to see a side by side test.

Martin

OP
OP
Steve and Denise

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Yes Martin a comparison would have been a better test so to say but a couple of years ago I had a conversation with a chap who had some dealings with Trinity House and he was telling me that they had been doing some trials with low sun/light panels and had some good results.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Yes.. It caught my eye as when it was out on the grass I thought it was some type of roll out version..
Agree with Martin, poor demo by just showing a voltage reading. If that was my demo i would have had a conventional panel and meters showing the comparison.
There was always talk if heat generation under these flexi panels and the effect on a GRP motorhome roof. He gave me some blurb on it all ref Silicon but still not convinced I would try one on a van.

Prices, I agree were reasonable..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back