Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
My cab battery stands accused of being nearly flat and is condemned to be taken to a place of disposal to be disposed of. The evidence against the accused is:

1. It has completely discharged 5 times over winter since it came new with the van 6 years ago, so it can't be in ideal condition.

2. The control panel above the living area door is flashing a low cab battery warning.

3. Despite it being on permanent trickle charge from the charge-controlled solar/leisure battery circuit when in storage, the engine wouldn't turn over when I went to pick it up this weekend.

4. The fridge will no longer run on 12v when the engine is running.

Guilty as charged, or have I missed some vital piece of evidence that means an innocent cab battery has been wrongly accused?

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
My cab battery lasted 2 years from new :Sad: so 6 years doesn't sound too bad to me :Smile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Guilty as charged ..

however, point 4 on the evidence sheet.
A dead engine battery doesn't account for the fridge not working on 12v while engine running... look for an accomplice by the name of fuse or relay.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Thanks for the pointers.

I've had a brand new cab battery fitted (which it needed anyway) but the fridge is still not working on 12v

My friendly local MH servicing man reckons fuse/relay too and is coming to take a look at it. I shall also be mindful of the alternator possibility.

I remember once having the battery replaced on my old VW Kombi, only to discover a few weeks later that the problem was with the coil. So it goes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back