flat battery

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by gasman2008, Aug 10, 2014.

1. gasman2008

gasman2008 Read Only Funster

tried to start the van yesterday found the battery had gone flat. The van normally stays put all week, but this week we had the bungalow painted so it was moved a few times. After a charge it is now Ok but as the van is now 7 years old is it time for a new battery? Or am I being paranoid? Any advice welcome please

2. icantremember

icantremember Funster

If the battery has not been on charge during that period then just starting it a few times will have flattened it.

I recon if the battery is the same age as the m/h then it is probably time to treat it to a new one.

3. marksmith

marksmith Read Only Funster

Since you're in Southampton, the place on Nightingale Ave in Eastleigh will check the battery for £3, and knock that off the price of a new one if you buy one.

http://eastleighbatteriesandspares.co.uk/

4. gasman2008

Thanks for the answers just confirmed my opinion I get some quotes for a battery.

5. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Most tyre, battery and exhaust centres will check for free.......but i reckon the results could be a little biased in their favour.

Of course your battery is buggered sir and we just happen to have a new one.

• Like Like x 1
  6. sb8263

sb8263 Funster

i have a battery / alternator tester , cost £11 you connect to the battery,,start the vehicle,,it tells you if battery ok,,,if alternator charging and if battery taking a charge.....great bit of kit......

• Like Like x 2
  7. lugnutt

lugnutt Funster Life Member

i had a new batt fitterd this week £120 5 year garentee tried to start it today and it clicked as if loose connection but when i switch off the diles started to flicker ?tried a gain and it started im parinoied over it now

8. gasman2008

second time the battery has gone flat. 3 trips to the recycling centre yesterday with the old shed less than three miles. Today battery was flat again. Off to Cornwall tomorrow so had to buy from halfords, £150 fitted, but it is starting a lot better. I'm sure I could have got it for less but left it too late.