StitchUp
Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
Purchased a new battery today, it's smaller than the one being replaced which concerned me a little but the guy in the shop insisted it was the one recommended for the vehicle.

The battery coming off is 100AH the one going on is 80AH. I was told the important spec for the battery is it's cranking power. The one coming off is 650 and the new one 800. I'm guessing this the current the battery is able to deliver.

New & Old
BurstnerBattery18_zps7a94b06c.jpg

The picture below shows the positive connector with the plate. The plate sits on top of the battery. Disconnecting the battery isn't a particularly difficult task, it's just made difficult because of the confined space and the terminal nut is best accessed using a swivel 12mm socket - a straight connection isn't possible as so much in the way. Anyone know the value of the 4 fuses mounted on the plate - I should have noted that?

BurstnerBattery12_zpsf19573f1.jpg

Here's a close up of the plate & fuses - I'll need to fit a nut on one of the fuses!!

BatteryPlatewithFuses_zps7827921a.png

I was concerned that disconnecting the battery would result in the radio losing its security code and did try to maintain a 12v supply but soon gave up on that idea because it was so fiddly in such a tight space. The radio didn't need a code otherwise I'd have been stumped! :roflmto:

I also fitted an 9" extension 12v battery lead onto the 12v terminal making it more accessible to jumper in the future - it's well insulated :thumb:

Last edited:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Nut is just a 10mm with flange, though a normal 10mm will do for now to hold the fuse in place.

Check your stereo for drain, usual suspect - especially if after market and ensure 12v sockets are disconnected in future.

You are not alone, these things do happen. I just had to replace a customers one, where she put it in storage over winter and left the sidelights on!:whatthe:

Needless to say it went completely flat and ruined it. I managed to recover it, but was only mediocre so we fitted a new one when they were on offer at our supplier a few weeks later.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Looks like there is a coat of molybdenum on there? it's a few years since I used that stuff (Expensive or was)
Nice work with the changeover
Steve

sonar

Free Member
Dec 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
I have not charged the battery in the Moho since I bought it
29th November still started today so I can assume this battery is ok.

only went out to start it because I read this thread.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
could you not have fitted a connecter nut or studding nut direct on the main fuse nut , paint it red of course, this would enable direct connection to jump lead. make sure clearance is safe.
1644258858105.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back