Flashing tyre thingy`s... (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have had a set for a while and they have never gone off. They are now on my new tyres which I intend to get puncture seal in at Peterborough.

I know this stuff has its critics, but when my old tyres came off, the stuff put in it 3 years ago was still liquid and presumably doing its stuff. One feature of it is because it seals the bead to the wheel, its very rare to need to put any air in the tyres. It is claimed by some to make the tyre less likely to harden and crack as well, and certainly my six year old tyres had no sign of cracking on them, just expected tread wear.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I asked this on page two - but it seems to have got lost under the avalanche of recommendations :winky:

"Will you have your stall at P'Boro - if so whereabouts will it be located?"

Cheers

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Jim did say that they would have a stall at Peterborough. Better idea though is to buy them on line as I know to my cost that despite how many they take to the shows they often sell out. :cry:

Order them on line and get them before the rush:thumb:

Eddie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I have had a set for a while and they have never gone off. They are now on my new tyres which I intend to get puncture seal in at Peterborough.

I know this stuff has its critics, but when my old tyres came off, the stuff put in it 3 years ago was still liquid and presumably doing its stuff. One feature of it is because it seals the bead to the wheel, its very rare to need to put any air in the tyres. It is claimed by some to make the tyre less likely to harden and crack as well, and certainly my six year old tyres had no sign of cracking on them, just expected tread wear.

Just an "Observation"... and hopefully, Jim can put us right...

The liquid sealer you speak of... I assume the "Tyre Monitors" have a small hole in so the air can get to a preasure switch...

Would not the liquid seal get in the hole block up and stop the monitors from working... ?

Or am I being thick as usual.. ? :RollEyes::Doh:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs

The liquid sealer you speak of... I assume the "Tyre Monitors" have a small hole in so the air can get to a preasure switch...

Would not the liquid seal get in the hole block up and stop the monitors from working... ?

I think this is worth a "Bump"...

Due to the safety implications if you use both...

My take on the seal is if it does block the hole in the "Tyre Monitor" it could hold the preasure switch in the set stage, although the tyre has or could go down..

Seals are not a 100% way of sealing... So, I once read... :Sad:

I personally dont like them.... The only time I used them and had a puncture, the tyre fitter refused to repair the puncture... :Sad:

Any thoughts... ?

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Yes we will have some at Peterborough. :thumb:

AND!!! If he comes out with a Camera Mo:Doh:

and utters the magic words:

"For Promotional Purposes"

1 you're on the welsh wizards wee wee list:Sad:

2 you'll have this urge to let HIS tyres downs!:thumb:

Although! not on Sian's side!

Last edited:

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Took the Plunge

So at first I thought these might be on the little expensive side, but now I've read through all the comments, I've taken the plunge and ordered 2 sets for the car and motorhome........now hurry up postie :Smile:

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Mine arrived a couple of weeks ago. I keep driving past the MH storage area in the late evening to look out for red flashing lights, I think the owner of the site has reported me for curb crawling as I've been past so many times...

Nicely made piece if kit that makes so much sense to use on any vehicle.

pat101

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
cornwall
Funster No
Exp
Hi all, being a tight git is there a coupon code to put in the box thing.

Want to order some, but would break my heart if I knew I lost out on a discount.

Cheers

Pat.

kaybee

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2012
Jim did say that they would have a stall at Peterborough. Better idea though is to buy them on line as I know to my cost that despite how many they take to the shows they often sell out. :cry:

Order them on line and get them before the rush:thumb:

Eddie

Whats the order line address?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Whats the order line address?

Click on the advert on the right hand side of the page under " sponsored links"

I think there is a Funsters discount but you would need to pm Jim I think.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Just fitted mine to the car, the motorhomes next and that's tomorrow when I can get access again::bigsmile:

One thought though, I wished they'd come in a set of 5. I've one of those space saver thingys (more like waste of time thingys) and it's tucked deeeeeeeppppp down in the well and blooming hard to get to and check the pressure unless I take it out and that's a mission all of its own, so a set of 5 would be perfect. Yes yes yes I know I can buy a single, but I never through of that until I was checking and adjusting the pressures and it's only then that it occurred to me, plus I'll now have to pay postage again, sight, life's so hard lol :thumb:

Now to see them little buggers flashing.......I'll be watching :RollEyes:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
I see there is some old guy on here selling them Flashing tyre preasure thingy`s... :thumb:

Are they any good...

Any "Feedback" on them... :thumb:
brill work great easy to see when loss of pressure before you run too low and knacker the full tyre
like little red disco lights with out the music :ROFLMAO:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp

No not as i can see
I have tyre weld in my tyres and the light still gave me the warning i had lots pressure
so i know they work :thumb: with the tyre seal in side the tyre

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Did the motorhome last week and bought 2 more sets for the cars, stick out too far on one and just about ok on the old Espace, might need to follow the destructions and get shorter valves some time soon. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back