flashing tyre pressure alarms (1 Viewer)

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Bought some to warn me of slow leaks on the alloys and they worked a treat both on the motorhome and an old Espace I run. I've since changed the van and the valves have gone on the new one and I've had 4 new tyres on the car so the leaky seal problem has been solved. I also had a set for the main motor but they stick out too far so haven't fitted them yet. Highly recommended. :thumb:

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Hi ,i have a set on my car and a set on the motorhome ,not had a problem with a puncture up to now so not a lot happened which is how it needs to be .IT has made me have a quick look round to check more often and i have done a presure check on my front car tyres last week and that was ok .:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Totally agree with what has been said.

I have worked in and around the motor industry for most of my life, you can't check tyre pressures by kicking the tyres. So either get a decent pressure gauge and check regularly or get these beauties and check at a glance every trip..............Griff
:thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I bought a set earlier this year. A couple of days after inflating the tyres and fitting them I discovered that the inflater was faulty so decided to check the pressures again. As I removed one of the caps my hand slipped allowing a small amount of air to escape. The cap started flashing straight away, indicating that they work as described.

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
I bought the dash mounter tyre pressure monitor at one of the shows and think it was money well spent. I think it was from Road-Pro.

I've never had any of the alarms go of yet as I tend to take a glance at it regularly and if necessary top up with a bit of air. Actually, I lie. I get my son to pump in some air as I can't be bothered with all the effort :)

It is definitely reassuring to see the pressure as you drive along and to know that the tyres are all at similar levels. It is amazing how much the pressure goes up as you drive along.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Supplied by our illustrious leader Jim ! ( humble, humble, creep, creep ! ):Doh:

I have a set as do a myriad of funsters !:thumb:

BUT....as I have a decent set of Michelin tyres, they have never flashed !!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Rumour has it that an experimental set have been supplied to the McLaren F 1 Team !

Last edited:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Supplied by our illustrious leader Jim ! ( humble, humble, creep, creep ! ):Doh:

BUT....as I have a decent set of Michelin tyres, they have never flashed !!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OR....there's no batteries in them !! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I fitted them when we had new tyres.about 18mths ago, and since then each one has flashed ::bigsmile: and each one needed 2lbs of air to restore pressure-I would never have noticed that loss without them :thumb: and,probably if I'd read it on a gauge I would have thought 'oh I'll leave it till next time'.
Mike

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Yep I used them on my recent rip to the South of France and my mate fitted a set as well.

Two big RV's towing two huge trailers so I think 22 wheels between us and could be checked in seconds.

En route on the way home it was spotted that one of my mates trailer tyres had developed a slow puncture and over night on a motorway aires, the alarm had triggered.

We just don't notice towing a two tonne trailer behind a ten tonne van. If we had a blow out on the trailer due to tyre pressure we could have destroyed the trailer before noticing :Eeek:

Imagine being on a two lane French Motorway, nearly sixty feet long and immobile due to tyre failure :cry:

Every one should buy a set for the peace of mind it gives and the longer safety aspects they offer

Eddie

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Thumbs up from me. Wasn't too sure at first but after using them on the van for a while realised how good they were and bought another two sets for the cars.

I had one tyre on the car that would keep losing pressure very slowly. Took it to the tyre place who checked and said nothing wrong with the tyre. Still kept happening so took it again and they found a very small puncture! Been fine since they repaired that. The tyre thingies worked well.

I can even see the pressures are OK from inside the house!:thumb: Brilliant!

Wyn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back