Flashing Fridge Control Panel ? (1 Viewer)

etap

Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
3 years
Just back from a trip to the heel of Italy which was great, however, the new fridge on our new Chausson 610 ( not automatic) Thetford would not always hold itself on mains, it often turned off and the display flashed, the fridge worked well on gas and also on 12volt, so been thinking maybe the electric power on sites we used ( mostly acsi sites) did not have enough amps.
Before I contact Thetford was wondering if anyone could throw some light on the issue, be greatful for any help.
Etap

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I would guess the mains power supply is unstable and producing low voltage. ... best stay on gas ..... Our fridge was damaged when this happened to us in France.
If you have a tester it is easy to check the supply.

OP
OP
etap

etap

Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
3 years
Thanks icantremember, which tester and how to test would be helpful, especially testing for amps.
Etap

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
I agree------we have seen quite a few fridges switch to gas when on EHU-----usually when breakfast power draw is on and voltage can be as low as 150volts------just leave on LPG during this time
I believe it's VOLTS that you want to check

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Thanks icantremember, which tester and how to test would be helpful, especially testing for amps.
Etap
As @Sundowners said it is volts you need to check and any mains tester should do this.
If you don't have a tester available then stick with gas until you are on another site.

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Thetford fridges are notorious for a problem with the PCB. Ours went kaput on our first trip away and I have heard of a number of similar problems.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
From what you are saying was it alright once you got out of Italy, or when back home?

That does rather support your own thoughts and those above, weak voltage (y)

I have read that fridges are more efficient on gas anyway and I don't think they use too much

OP
OP
etap

etap

Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
3 years
Thanks for your replies.
Trouble shooting guide says try another power source.
Have not tried it at home yet, although sometimes abroad it worked well in places you wouldn't expect it to.
I try not to get into electrics too much too little knowledge, but I do have a £5 tester which I use for batteries, is it possible to use this for voltage testing? If not is there a tester I can buy and use myself for testing voltage on site? Be great if I could as we used 15 campsites on our way to Puglia over the last month.
Thanks again
Etap

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Our Thetford kept dropping out on mains when in Croatia
Got the meter out and found at peak use times on the site the voltage was dropping to just under 200.. That is all it was

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back