Flashed in France (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
been in France many times and do the same old speed all the time, on two separate occasions over the last few days I've been flashed by a road side speed camera, both times were duel carriageway with a speed limit of 68mph (80kms) and I cruise at 55-57 mph and was doing this speed.... so, does it think I'm a lorry or ?

Am I going to get a fine/ summons or the guillotine ..?

Any thoughts welcome...

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I've been flashed loads of times and never heard anything.

I think what happens is the size of the vehicle triggers the camera which thinks you're an HGV with a lower limit, then when they review the picture they can see you aren't and therefore not speeding.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I think he means 110kph. That's the usual lower motorway limit.

EDIT

If the limit really was 80kph and OP was travelling at 55mph then he was speeding.

Could be a ticket on the way in that case :whistle:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we just got flashed today, the free motorway approaching the tunnel has a 80kph limit for 3.5 tons, didn't see that start, saw the reminder just after o_O we were doing about 85 kph :( I hope it triggered as our height thought we were a lorry, will see what happens, but think the French do not have a system to check our weight (y)

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
That was the case, but from 2017 our beloved DVLA were intending to share information so you could be liable for French fines. However, the great Oracle that is Google doesn't seem to bring anything up on this that was published after 2015 - so who knows what's happening. The Torygraph had this to say back then.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ht-by-French-speed-cameras-to-face-fines.html

If it relies on some IT integration that it's a fair bet the date has gone back! Maybe the spectre of Brexit has killed it off. Nah, that's wishful thinking, bureaucratic incompetence / procrastination on both sides is much more likely!

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I wish the titles would be less explicit
images (27).jpg

Obviously a different type of flashing

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Got flashed going to Val de Vienne a couple of years ago, in the night made me jump I'd never been flashed head on! before very bright, never heard any thing about it though.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I got flashed in France but by the time I'd turned round and went back she'd gone. :(:LOL::LOL:

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Ok,ok.... I got my kph wrong.... I was in shock at the time just being flashed you understand :eek:

It was a 110kph motorway and I've since been flashed AGAIN..! On the A16 to Calais about an hour ago, and that's a 130kph (81mph) and I was again doing 55-57 (satnav) .

If they guillotine my head off, I'll really be a short arse then...:D2

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Ok,ok.... I got my kph wrong.... I was in shock at the time just being flashed you understand :eek:

It was a 110kph motorway and I've since been flashed AGAIN..! On the A16 to Calais about an hour ago, and that's a 130kph (81mph) and I was again doing 55-57 (satnav) .

Well all recognise you then.
stock-photo-headless-businessman-in-black-suit-430542862.jpg

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
IT was definatly female, not sure I'd recognise her face again though, I didn't get time to look that high up. :whistle:
But did she have a goatee beard?:eek:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Or indeed your address, DVLA refuse to supply foreign agencies with details because they don't reciprocate. Might change in the future though.
They have other ways of getting them.:( Which aren't legal !
Friend received a french speeding ticket at home in UK. Unfortunately the car , a mini , isn't registered in her name but her sons. He got flashed in France . When she did a bit of investigating she found They could only have obtained the info from the Dartford charge lot as she had the car registered to her account. & they are a French company:sneaky:

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Flashed at least twice last year in France and both times i was unaware at the time but i was speeding (hold my hands up to it) Never heard anything !

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.

Bloody hell man, just imagine the money you will save, no need to buy shoes, kecks, haircuts, you'll be quids in. (y):LOL::LOL:

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
They have other ways of getting them.:( Which aren't legal !
Friend received a french speeding ticket at home in UK. Unfortunately the car , a mini , isn't registered in her name but her sons. He got flashed in France . When she did a bit of investigating she found They could only have obtained the info from the Dartford charge lot as she had the car registered to her account. & they are a French company:sneaky:
Perfect, using illegal methods, and breaching data protection rules for the EU invalidates the fine. I trust they didn't pay, because there isn't a court in Europe that would uphold that! :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back