LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Just got home from a brilliant weekend. Location was beautiful, pub was really good with lovely hosts, company was brilliant, Dave's Karaoke machine made most of us sound good..... and the sun was a bonus! :thumb: Thanks to Paul for 'flashing' the meet, we had a lovely time, one to be repeated hopefully... :Smile:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Thanks for coming everyone, and thanks to Stuart for sussing out the location, it was awesome absolutely awesome.

I really love these small informal get togethers, so much more time to meet people no pressure etc etc.

Meet a few strangers and end up with friends....

:thumb:

See you all soon

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Got home safe from our first meet with the funsters, fantastic location good beer and brilliant company. Thank you to everyone for making us feel at home, will certainly be joining you again. Thank's Dave, Sandra and Sam the dog. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Thanks to Paul for arranging this meet.
It was our first meet with funsters and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves which was mainly down to the warm welcome we received. The venue was excellent with the pub and the nearby canal, the entertainment last night was great, I was fortunate to hear the whole set in advance as the 'Band' rehearsed outside out our van all yesterday afternoon !!!! ( whole new experience watching Wales play Scotland with The green green grass of home among others on guitar and ukulele in the back ground ).
I am certain the karaoke machine was nicked from the X factor as all the volunteers sounded very in tune, or was that the beer?
Thanks to you all, we will be back.
Ed & Shirley :thumb:

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
well just got from a lovely weekend met old and new friends great 2 nights in the pub ,would like to thank angie and paul from the bowling green inn for putting us all up for the weekend what a great venue for walks along the canal loads of little bars and restraunts. ,and not forgetting the guys and dolls that attended the rally had a great time ,we must do another soon .

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
oh i forgot to mention thanks rob for the tenner bet it was a pleasure doin u .lol

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
A lovely weekend, even though we were only there for one night. I could have quite cheerfully set up camp for 3 or 4 nights in that location and with that company! Definitely a site for chilling out and slowing down.
Thanks to Paul for sorting it out and to Stuart for finding the venue.

I have added a few photos to my albums. If Jim sets up a meet album I will transfer them over. Spenders was roaming around with his camera too so there should be some nice sunny pics of the site too.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
We got home just after 19.00 :Sad:London traffic always the same, we both had a great time and Stuart winning a tenner off me was a bit dubious as I'm still not sure that French pass went forward:winky:
Thanks have to go to all FUNSTERS who were there:thumb:

Rob&Jane

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Back home safe and sound.

Thanks all for a lovely weekend, we really enjoyed ourselves. Ruby didn't want to get out of the van when we arrived home!

It was great to meet fellow Funsters, sorry if we didn't get to chat to everyone, looking forward to more meets, bring on the fun and the sun.

Martin and Dawn.

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Last away ! Really didn't want to go home had a lovely weekend. Great location excellent company as always and fabulous weather plus great entertainment last night and a classic car meet this morning . . . Wonderful. !! :thumb:

Sep 21, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Transit Coachbuilt
Exp
Well travelled ex tugger.
Thanks Stuart and Paul for organising a great weekend including the weather.

Dai

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
Wot a weekend..

A lovely weekend, even though we were only there for one night. I could have quite cheerfully set up camp for 3 or 4 nights in that location and with that company! Definitely a site for chilling out and slowing down.
Thanks to Paul for sorting it out and to Stuart for finding the venue.

I have added a few photos to my albums. If Jim sets up a meet album I will transfer them over. Spenders was roaming around with his camera too so there should be some nice sunny pics of the site too.

Oops...... Busted!!

I took a few pics to make my Facebook friends jealous.... it worked! I'll try my best to scalp them from Fb and add them to here if I can work it out!

Many thanks to Paul and Stuart for their efforts with this meet... and of course to the fellow funsters who went and made it such a good meet. We all found new friends and old.... some gained or lost cash.... the RSPCA have benefitted and someone found their foglight!!

Roll on Newark!

Simon
:thumb:

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
What a brill weekend !!

It couldn't have turned out better. Made me think that we should do this more often, so from now on I'll be on the lookout for possible pubs :thumb:

Thanks Stuart and Paul for all your efforts :thumb:

Can't wait for the next bit of fog to use my new found lights :roflmto: Thanks, Simon.

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
Photos...

I've managed to get the pics from FB onto my computer..... I've seen the existing album that has been created on here..... but how do I add my pics to the album?

There doesn't seem to be a facility for me to upload pics to the existing album... do I have to create a new album? :Sad:

Simon

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I've managed to get the pics from FB onto my computer..... I've seen the existing album that has been created on here..... but how do I add my pics to the album?

There doesn't seem to be a facility for me to upload pics to the existing album... do I have to create a new album? :Sad:

Simon

Not sure. You cannot add photos to my album, we need an event album setting up. It will PM Jim to see if he can do that for us.

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
A huge thank you for another Haganap Production in association with Stuart Silkcut. A lovely venue in a friendly pub, and to organise such glorious weather was a master stroke.

Thanks to all the other funsters for making me and the bitch so welcome, it is you who make these events work.:thumb:

Only black spot was I had a massive explosive blowout on the way home, and was stuck on the hard shoulder of the M5 for 1 and a half hours waiting for recovery to change the wheel. What a noisy place that was after the tranquility of the pub.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
A huge thank you for another Haganap Production in association with Stuart Silkcut. A lovely venue in a friendly pub, and to organise such glorious weather was a master stroke.

Thanks to all the other funsters for making me and the bitch so welcome, it is you who make these events work.:thumb:

[HI]Only black spot was I had a massive explosive blowout on the way home, and was stuck on the hard shoulder of the M5 for 1 and a half hours waiting for recovery to change the wheel. What a noisy place that was after the tranquility of the pub[/HI].

We had a good time too. I have broken down on that exact same stretch, on my own, I've never been so scared in all my life!

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
Yeh, I saw you drive by on Sunday and was all envious cos you were gliding serenely along while I was sitting on the bank watching the world go by.:Angry:

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
£60 donated to tonights chosen charity the RSPCA. I will arrange the charity donation matching when I return to work on the 24th.

b665694e6e9122204fa49b76512504f9_zpsb455aeef.jpg

Just a quick update to let you know the £60 we raised has been matched by my company so RSPCA is £120 better off. Thanks Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back