Flash Magic Eraser (1 Viewer)

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Picked one of these up on a whim in Tesco, thought I might try it on some stubborn small black spots on the m/h roof (although it says not to use on car bodies ) and it worked a treat. Also cleaned up the greying surface of the mastic seal around the hab door frame and cab/roof joint. It doesn‘t appear to be abrasive but does have a detergent incorporated in it that‘s activated when you wet it.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've never used the Flash brand but have used others on our previous van (the ones without added detergent). They did work but it's always best to try first on an inconspicuous area.

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
I've never used the Flash brand but have used others on our previous van (the ones without added detergent). They did work but it's always best to try first on an[HI] inconspicuous [/HI]area.
Easy for you to say :wine:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
IT TAKES THE SURFACE OFF HIGHLY POLISHED / PAINTED THINGS --OK for occasional stubborn spot but be very careful on paint :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:::bigsmile:
edit you can buy 4 duzz- it ones in some pound shops --brill bits of kit but you have been warned
terry

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Its strange that this subject has been brought up.

I have recently started to stock these for selling at shows. They are phenomenal at cleaning glass and many metals. I have been testing them on all sorts of stuff. They get scuff marks off plastic car interior parts that I have tried all sorts on. I am going out now but will add my list of things I have tried it on later.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Ive found them good for removing burnt on plastic from a chrome toaster, cleaning stainless steel hob, microwave, coffee machine. Renoving printer ink stains from a desk. Removing coffee stains from cups. Removing marks on fridge interiors. Cleaning alloy wheels.Removing marks from emulsion walls and gloss paint. Cleaning ceramic tiles and grout joints. Stainless steel and ceramic sinks. I have tested them on the grp sides on my van and found that they remove black streaks.

I am well impressed with them, they remove ingrained dirt that normally is impossible to remove.

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
Had to go out and buy these today :winky:

I am impressed - I managed to remove old stains from tiles and clean limescale off the sink, all by wiping rather than having to scrub.

Only criticism I have is that they're not very robust. I've managed to pretty near destroy one within a few minutes. :Doh:

Still I'm enthused enough to want to tackle the grout in the bathroom :Eeek:

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Had to go out and buy these today :winky:

I am impressed - I managed to remove old stains from tiles and clean limescale off the sink, all by wiping rather than having to scrub.

Only criticism I have is that they're not very robust. I've managed to pretty near destroy one within a few minutes. :Doh:

Still I'm enthused enough to want to tackle the grout in the bathroom :Eeek:

I use these regularly for removing scuffs from paintwork (walls & wood) - they do disintegrate so I've started using the tub version and the pad that come with it or my own sponge - it is cheaper and a bit tougher so better for some stains. Well worth using :)

http://www.jmldirect.com/invt/d03dp30100000001?gclid=CJqoqrSjmr0CFeKWtAodYRYAWA

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We've been buying a similar product from QVC for a couple of years.
They are made by a Canadian company (It Works!) and were originally used as insulation in aircraft and are a type of melanine.....according to the guy who demonstrated them on QVC shopping channel.
We've used them all around the house and the mh, they even take black streaks and other stubborn marks off. We've got a white Astracast kitchen sink at home and these are the only things that remove stubborn marks from it. Even Mr Muscle failed to remove some stains and the It Works cleaning blocks did:thumb:
http://www.qvcuk.com/It-Works-Set-of-20-High-Density-Cleaning-Blocks.product.800513.html?sc=800513-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-3-_-800513
They do disintegrate after several uses and if you rub too hard on certain surfaces. But don't squeeze or wring them out, just press between the hands to remove excess water before use. But overall we thought they were brilliant and they are non-abrasive.

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Don't you belive they are non abrasive ::bigsmile: they definitely take the gloss off painted sufaces:Smile: I have the tee shirt to prove it :winky:
Alsi the JML stuff is as well :Smile:plus you can buy tubs of Astonish that's the same but you can find it for 1 pound ish :winky:Been using it for around 15 yrs and the sponges for around 10 yrs both excelent products ---sponges are 4 for a pound from guess where ::bigsmile: go by the name Duzz it or magic erazer:Smile: I have a small stock of around 6 boxes of 4 but family members keep begging them ::bigsmile:
terry

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We've been buying a similar product from QVC for a couple of years.
They are made by a Canadian company (It Works!) and were originally used as insulation in aircraft and are a type of melanine.....according to the guy who demonstrated them on QVC shopping channel.
We've used them all around the house and the mh, they even take black streaks and other stubborn marks off. We've got a white Astracast kitchen sink at home and these are the only things that remove stubborn marks from it. Even Mr Muscle failed to remove some stains and the It Works cleaning blocks did:thumb:
http://www.qvcuk.com/It-Works-Set-of-20-High-Density-Cleaning-Blocks.product.800513.html?sc=800513-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-3-_-800513
They do disintegrate after several uses and if you rub too hard on certain surfaces. But don't squeeze or wring them out, just press between the hands to remove excess water before use. But overall we thought they were brilliant and they are non-abrasive.

They are mildly abrasive. If used on high gloss paint the surface shine may need to be polished back up. I have tested them on black stripes and they work well, They are also great at removing flies from the windscreen.

I found the secret is to be gentle to start with and if the dirt is not removed you then put more pressure on. Brands do vary in quality I have tested a number of different brands and there are some very cheap ones that seem to disintegrate on first or second use and there are some that last a lot better.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Brands do vary in quality I have tested a number of different brands and there are some very cheap ones that seem to disintegrate on first or second use and there are some that last a lot better.

WELL? you can't say that without letting us know the results, please:RollEyes:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
They are all made from the same type of sponge-cannot remember the name but Ilooked into buying large sheets of the stuff yrs back --tried all sorts of brands and no difference --JML,ASDA,B&Q DUZZ-IT Aldi and pound shop ones --pay your money and make your choice but I found no difference -family still nick em ::bigsmile:
terry

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Did they work on the grout? - neat extra thick bleach works I've found, but is a PITA and needs a nice day as you certainly need lots of AIR ....

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
They are all made from the same type of sponge-cannot remember the name but Ilooked into buying large sheets of the stuff yrs back --tried all sorts of brands and no difference --JML,ASDA,B&Q DUZZ-IT Aldi and pound shop ones --pay your money and make your choice but I found no difference -family still nick em ::bigsmile:
terry

They are available in different density and even colour now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back