LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
well come on sandra what van model is it dont keep us in suspense ??????????????????????? xx and does it have a cocktail cabinet .lol

It's another Hymer! We did look at other brands but kept coming back to the Tin Shed. But the worse thing about it is ......THERE'S NO COCKTAIL CABINET:shout: We have already had re-design discussions to decide where to install one. It's also has a bigger lounge area, a bit more guest friendly too:thumb: more sociable! Not on the scale of yours and Haggers party waggons, but better than we had before.

Just keeping everything crossed for Wednesday as I still have a feeling this could go wrong. I might have tempted fate by telling everyone about it:Doh:

There's some work to do before we can use it, 12v issues and a problem with the heater, but Colin is rubbing his hands with glee and the thought of another project. Me, I just want to get it to the upholstery place as soon as possible.

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
well good luck on wed hope all goes well.we will all chip in to sort your cocktail out .lol

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
It's another Hymer! We did look at other brands but kept coming back to the Tin Shed. But the worse thing about it is ......THERE'S NO COCKTAIL CABINET:shout: We have already had re-design discussions to decide where to install one. It's also has a bigger lounge area, a bit more guest friendly too:thumb: more sociable! Not on the scale of yours and Haggers party waggons, but better than we had before.

Just keeping everything crossed for Wednesday as I still have a feeling this could go wrong. I might have tempted fate by telling everyone about it:Doh:

There's some work to do before we can use it, 12v issues and a problem with the heater, but Colin is rubbing his hands with glee and the thought of another project. Me, I just want to get it to the upholstery place as soon as possible.
save something for the fix it meet
:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

Why Wednesday, might of missed somthing, but under the circumstances why not get out there today and get it done, before he changes his mind

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Why Wednesday, might of missed somthing, but under the circumstances why not get out there today and get it done, before he changes his mind

It is going for the MOT on Wednesday and as the van has been on sorn for a while he is sorting the tax for us after the MOT. We are paying for the tax and he's paying for the MOT.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
am I sensing somebody getting excited:thumb::thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I bet the old guy and his wife sat down after you went, did a bit of reminiscing and though that it could not go to a better home where it will be cherished.

Life is not always about hard cash, sometimes it is about letting go of their dream of the last 14 years and when our turn comes it might not be as easy as we think to part with the past 14 years of memories.

Looking forward to seeing your new van and a smile on your faces :Smile: and you and the van making new memories. :Smile:

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Update #2

We still have got it :cry: the van failed it's MOT and the garage he took it too cannot do the work until next Thursday. The horn didn't work, one head light needs adjusting and one break is binding.

Oh well at least it will come with a full MOT when we eventually get it!

I suppose we have to stay home this weekend and get on with packing up the house and selling our belongings at the local boot sale.

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Considering what you've got to do this weekend, probably not a bad thing your 'van failed its MOT.

I can fully understand your frustration, though. Think positively.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back