Flabbergasted (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I think there is a lot in what you say. She said that it was upsetting her just thinking of it going. She is too frail to cope with motorhoming now.

If we get it we are going to offer to empty it out for her as she cannot do it. It is still ready to go, clothes in wardrobe, toiletries in bathroom, bed made up, everything other than food. It's like they didn't want to admit or except that they wouldn't be using it again. It is sad and will come to us all in the end, but what fantastic memories they have got.

indeed.. perhaps my first post was a bit harsh.. I feel for them ..

but no excuse for not honouring the deal..

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Why not tell some funsters where it is and we can go round and offer way below the asking price and this will make him jump at your offer :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

connie

Free Member
Mar 29, 2014
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2013
the man is a jerk

Why bother with him ? there are 1000s of vans for sale like cars just find another. good luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Its difficult to tell what's going on here. Perhaps thet don't want to sell really perhaps tbeys promised to hold for somebody who hasn't turned up perhaps they are greedy and are hoping for more money.

earlerer this year I had linned up a newer van so I replied to two wanted adds on preloved one party had bought new the other wanted to veiw my van. Then the van I wanted was sold and I had to tell my prospective purchaser's I no longer wanted to sell. To them I probibly looked like a messer but I was just unfortunate and regreatable

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Whilst I have sympathy for you, at the end of the day the seller has the right to sell to whoever and however he/she likes.

Perhaps you offering to pay the full asking price appeared to the seller to be too good to be true.

I hope it turns out satisfactory for you.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
It is usually time wasters the other way around buyers not sellers :Doh:
He needs a few time waster buyers to realise how lucky he was to find someone who wanted his van and had the money

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I hope it works out for all concerned. My philosophy is that if it's for you it won't go by you... so if you are meant to have the van you'll get the call. If not it would have been nothing but trouble.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Perhaps they wanted to interview prospective purchasers, to see if they would entrust their baby to whoever?

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Update...

We have got it!! :rollonfloor::wooo:

He rang at lunch time to say that he and his wife would be happy if we still wanted the van at the asking price. We said yes and he is putting 12 months MOT on it on Tuesday so that makes us even happier.

Deposit paid. I know it's not a done deal until we roll it off his drive but I think we will be OK on this now. He said he was relieved it was all sorted out. Maybe he was getting pressure from someone else, he certainly seemed very mixed up about the whole thing.

Anyway, a quick re-upholstery job, a few nips and tucks and we will be back on the road.::bigsmile:

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Following Hotelman's good news, I've emptied my glass of malt.

So another shall be poured to additionally celebrate your good fortune. :Smile:

Well done!:thumb:

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
well come on sandra what van model is it dont keep us in suspense ??????????????????????? xx and does it have a cocktail cabinet .lol

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Well done you two :thumb:you must have really wanted this van to go through what you did without asking for money off ::bigsmile:
I am doing a really nice line on aqua green leather upholstery cheap along with curvy handles :winky:::bigsmile:
terry

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Enjoy it congratulations
Mel

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Congratulations on the purchase, hope its a cracker.

All I can think of is it must have been a very low asking price to start with, that would account for the strange happenings here. He knew he would sell it soon as it was such a bargain? That's why he told you what he did?

Paul.

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
Congratulations on your purchase. However, from what you have said I would suggest that, whilst the matter was stressful for you, you may have contributed to the situation.

You were the first(?) to view the van and you offered the full asking price. Maybe he thought that he had underpriced it and was then reluctant to let it go at that price. He hadn't prepared the van for sale suggesting that he had not been very optimistic about selling it (or was a little eccentric) and had not put much effort into researching the possible value. When you offered the full price it may have come as a bit of a shock. Clearly he subsequently failed to get a higher, or reliable, offer.

In any event, all's well that ends well.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I just hope when you go to bring it home he does not say who are you what van::bigsmile:

good luck:thumb:

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
hope all goes well, after a frustrating and curious start. an exciting time for you. regards andy::bigsmile:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Just got to the end of your thread.......all's well that ends well:thumb:

Hope it all goes well for you both.

Margaret & Bill