Fixing things new chemicals and products. (2 Viewers)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I have come across these products and thought they would make a good addition to my toolbox. I think they could prove useful to a lot of motorhomers as well so I will list them here.

FiberFix Tape
A water cured epoxy tape that the manufacturer says is 100x stronger than duct tape and hardens like steel.
Link Removed

Sugru
A self setting rubber compound. Starts of like plasticine and can be molded into grips, edge protectors etc etc etc.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008URBC9I/?tag=mhf04-21

polymorphic thermoplastic.
Softens in hot water, sets solid and is as strong as nylon.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009LJG7XK/?tag=mhf04-21

The number of times a plastic or rubber bit has broken off or I have caught part of my body on a sharp edge... Snapped a tent pole etc etc.. The above products appear to be a get out of jail free card in so many situation. :thumb:

Last edited:

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Sugru is fantastic stuff, only problem is quite a short shelf life. I keep it in the fridge, supposed to extend shelf life

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Thought there would be more comments on this thread with it being so useful and all? :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Thought there would be more comments on this thread with it being so useful and all? :Doh:

I think the fact you got 16 thanks sums it up Grommet, what else is there to say?, fantastic sounding products, I just wish you'd brought the Fibrefix tape to my attention a week ago, it would have saved me a lengthy plumbing job I've just 'endured':thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Thank you! I often have posts that get completely ignored! :Doh: That maleable repair compound, first saw that at the Dusseldorf show, many people were facinated at all the exmples of it's use, it drew crowds ::bigsmile: We have a Dometic sink in the camper with the switch for the hob igniter right next to the taps....it kept getting wet. Duct tape over it did not help but I spotted a 3m product (I think labelled as glass tape) in Lidl. It has been covering the switch since August and is STUCK, no water ingress there! Jane ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I think it's probably the case that, whilst the usefulness is undeniable, the frequency of needing such a product is low for many people.

I was expecting a couple of
examples of actually uses as I am sure I am not the first to find these products.
Alternatives or other products people use.
Bright ideas for uses for them.

We have such a broad range of people on here and many talented DIYers and pros. Just thought there would be some chatter on this subject.

Oh well, back to ShiftZZ rants for some entertainment :ROFLMAO:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Watch for me posting asking someone for a link in 6 mths time ::bigsmile:some good stuff about but I always forget who posted links for what by womb/who ::bigsmile:
terry

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Well I did a screen capture :Smile: so I can look it up when needed :thumb: