Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
What's with all the afternoon snoozing? I must be missing out, always too busy. We have a fixed french bed, luckily, Mrs A has a cast iron bladder so sleeps next to the window. We also have a large double bed made up out of the two side sofas. We used it once but it's so much if a faf to make the bed up everyday, unless we have someone else staying with us.
We have had overcab beds, and rock and roll beds in our VW's. Fixed bed suits us the best.
Allan

Reactions: kcy

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
There you go a man after my own heart (y) non of this risk averse namby pamby cant be done nonsense, just load the bloody thing and hit the road, beginning to think I was the only one left.:LOL:

You're on your own? Or is there a woman doing all the things in the background that makes it all fall into place

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
U shaped lounge here on those nice days spent outside it stays made up like on our last meet & we have the Dinette up front as well. On a rainy day its put back to lounge mode & we have plenty of space inside.
Now having used it for several months it works for us......

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
All layouts have advantages and disadvantages. There is always compromise and only you can decide what is most important and which compromise(s) you are willing to make.

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
I've always thought the best place for a bed was over the cab. I can well remember the joys of such a setup. No head room, a climbover in the night, falling down the ladder. Ah the happy memories. Now we have a twin fixed bed at the rear, where we can read, watch TV or just have a lie down without compromising the upfront lounge. No need to make up the beds, masses of storage inside created by the beds and a big garage to house the bikes out of the rain and the risk of sticky fingers, a spare freezer and water containers and also the spare wheel where it can be accessed easily and can't be nicked. Yes the compromise was a smaller kitchen midships (but we don't cook much in the van) and a smaller shower/toilet area opposite (but we don't spend more than a few minutes a day in there).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Very much like above. Our rear fixed bed provides somwhere easy for us to sleep with absolutely no effort beforehand.

Udo's front drop-down bed involves a few seconds to prepare, so that's my son sorted. It helps that he's now able to do it himself. My daughter's lounge bed takes 5 minutes to sort from start to finish. We knew we wouldn't want to do this for ours, too, from a U-shaped lounge after our first motorhome hire.

Udo's massive rear garage gives us acres of storage. Ideal for us. Our separate toilet and shower work well, but at the expense of a smaller -than-preferred kitchen area. One can't have everything, I suppose.

Our fixed rear works equally well as a retreat for our children, if needed. But this a far rarer occurrence than we thought it'd be. More reason for the fixed bed convenience, as it happens.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
cal54 said:
Fixed bed every time for me. Like to take a snooze in the afternoon and great when travelling overnight to just pull up for a couple of hours. Mine is in a panel van so what you loose in living floor space is made up for with the much needed storage. Also can open up the rear doors to assist in fitting the sheet.

There is a lot to be said for being able to have an afternoon snooze and on the way crab a couple of hours without having to make bed.

I am sure there are plenty of u-shaped lounges or twin front benches that would allow this also.:)

Feb 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
A big white thing ???
Exp
3 yrs, (tenting and tugging before)
We were originally looking for a fixed bed but van but all seemed very dark. Ended up with an end lounge that converts and when there are only two of us we leave it made up. Still got plenty of room to sit at the table and plenty of lounging space when we want.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back