Fixed bed motorhome

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by irnbru, Jan 8, 2014.

1. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

Sorry folks but mums changed her mind again...( I have it in writing this time:BigGrin:)

She has now decided we should change M/H and get a fixed bed, ideally we would've wanted one not too big( No more than 22 ft and not too high)We have a McLouis Lagan 410 at the moment so similar height at most would be fine but something that had another 2 single beds seems impossible so as a compromise the next MH will be a 4 berth made up of a fixed bed and a make up double.

On experience can you recommend any certain makes or guide us on makes which are troublesome and should be avoided. Who better to ask than everyone here!

Thx Sandra

2. Phill D

Phill D

we have 2 x fixed singles and a rear washroom in our Adria Coral 670SLT but its 24 Feet long, but very low profile @ 2.7 Meters high. oh and a 3rd make up single bed at the dinette.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

Ours is 6.4 metres long (21 feet) and has a fixed double at the back over a garage and a pull-down double at the front. Both very comfortable. As well as the B630 (which is fairly uncommon), the B514 has the same layout.

• Like Like x 1
  4. irnbru

Thanks Phil but its too long for mum. It took me long enough to persuade her to firstly buy a MH and then to change it.:Smile: She wants something to be comfortable to drive for a few years before she hands all the driving over to me....And to fit in her driveway as I am exploring the options of maybe renting my house and giving up work so we can enjoy the MH together. I don't want to be regretting what I never done later in life.:thumb:

• Like Like x 3
  5. irnbru

Thanks, I'm going to google this but have a sneaky feeling a Hymer is out the price range. Mums a toughie to please and no doubt shes reading this thread , though she won't post she reads the forum.

6. daveandsan

daveandsan Funster

Ours is 6.95 long, has a double fixed bed in rear and a make up double at the front. :thumb:

7. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Hi Sandra

Why not give Andy a ring on 01-580-881288, what he doesnt know about layouts isn't worth knowing:thumb:

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  8. irnbru

This looks good! Which model is it ? Anything we should look out for? Pros and cons...sorry for the Qs but we need to get it right this time as this is the last funds will allow us to swap,

9. camcondor

camcondor Read Only Funster

Might be worth having a look at the Adria Vision 707si - we have been very happy with the layout on ours - fixed rear bed, huge garage, drop down front double. I think its 7.1m

• Like Like x 1
  10. rangitira

rangitira Funster

Ours has a fixed bed, is only 6mtres long (that includes tow bar) is a 4 berth, has heaps of storage (more than an Auto Sleeper) and is an 02 rego, AND, is up for Sale, why? we have a narrow road outside our place, and a narrow drive.

• Like Like x 1
  11. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Our Burstner looks like it fits your bill.

When we were looking for a replacement for our Asda-d Autoquest we made up This Checklist. Something similar (obviously tailored to your needs) may help you.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

Don't you just hate organised people?

With our first van we pitched up at the dealer, liked the look of the van and bought it.

It was only later we realised it didn't fit on our drive and that I hated the layout:BigGrin:

• Like Like x 4
  13. camcondor

camcondor Read Only Funster

:Rofl1::Rofl1: we did more or less the same thing! :Laughing:

• Like Like x 2
  14. irnbru

This is now on the shortlist of possibles!.

Although its not important as mostly it will be just mum and I away together BUT do you think it would be ok or drastically uncomfy if we were to use the dinette section as 2 singles with the swivels for our feet?

15. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

As it is just the two of us we have never made up the second bed. However, I think it is meant to be a double used sleeping across the van so not a practical proposition to use it as two singles along the length of the van.

The bench with the driver seat swiveled could possibly be OK (especially for someone not particularly tall) but I don't think the dinette with the passenger seat swiveled would be practical.

You could always give it a test before buying :BigGrin:

16. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Not at all :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

EDIT - The organisation only came with the second van. See Here :BigGrin:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  17. daveandsan

daveandsan Funster

Ours is a 2010 Hobby Siesta Exclusive. The pros are you dont have to keep making up the double bed but this does mean you have less living space. It works ok for us but if you have a party you can be a bit short on seating area. Be aware that being a German make the habitation door is on the off side of the vehicle.:BigGrin:

• Like Like x 1