Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have never been to Link Removedbut I am a fan of this motorhome so i would like to go one of these years. Vanfest is Europe's largest gathering of Volkswagen vans, which takes place at the Three Counties Showground, Malvern from 12 to 14 September. The winning Volkswagen vans below have been chosen for the 'Five generations of Campervan' display at Vanfest. My favourite is the old split screen, it just oozes fun

Link Removed

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Had one of the post-splitty type when we lived in the good ole USA in the early 1970's - went out in it every weekend to State Parks in Pennsylvania and West Virginia the in the Summer vacations toured Eastern Coastal areas and Blue Ridge Parkway, Upper New York State (Niagra and Catskills) and finally drove 2,000 miles to Denver to tour Rocky Mountains, Brice and Zion National Parks and Mesa Verde.

Unfortunately the engine blew up due to sucking a valve through into the piston because of the rarified atmosphere. managed to get a repair done in four days and returned safely. Ah memories :Smile:

The second photo would not in my opinion be a genuine VW camper but a conversion as the one we had was VW's own produced by Westfalia with a tilting 'pop-top'.

Still can't remember how we managed in the thing - just a cold box, and sink with a footpump don't remember anything for cooking or did it? Senility or dementia is definitely creeping on. :Sad:

:Smile:
Keith

ginge61

Free Member
Oct 29, 2007
n/wales
Funster No
MH
c class/t25 vw
Exp
since noah was a lad lol
good vans but you need mec no how to keep them going we have a t25 same as the 3rd pic and still have a splitty my dads he had it from nearly 6 months old never been welded right hand drive one was a van my da done the conversion on it have a look at a site called club 80-90 good site about t25 we still dont want to part with ours but run a winne c class which we prefer now more room etc not much newer but better to live in with out setting up awaning and all that just hope our winnie is still going strong at the same age as the vw:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back