Fitting wireless reversing camera

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Munchie, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

Hi I have a wired system in the m/home but picture keeps breaking down. Thinking of buying a wireless system...Indic8tor I see there are still wires to run. Anyone tell me where and how to run them. Any views on the system would also be welcome. Thanks. :Smile:

2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Hi Ken

personally I'd stay clear of wireless cameras, too many bad reports about interference .. and you still need to run 12vdc for the camera so it's the same work as running a hard wired system and hard wired will always be better than wireless..

I ran my cable along the chassis rail and up into the bedroom, through the cupboard to the camera.. dirty job but not difficult ..

Jim

3. oldun

oldun Read Only Funster

I fully agree with the previous post.

4. Boo

Boo Read Only Funster

you will find it hard to find a wireless system that garentees over 2.5mtrs dude..................I looked into it a few months ago.

I'm now looking at putting a hard wired system in :thumb:

Boo

5. simong

simong Read Only Funster

If your not willing to pay silly money(£800+) for a top of the range system, then I wouldn't bother going wireless for a MH, too many electrical items in the way for the relatively weak signal to over come, there is systems that will do it, for like massive dumper trucks, but like I say silly money:Doh: