Fitting Turbo Vent Rooflight - Electrical Advice? (1 Viewer)

H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
Hi,

Our van's kitchen cookerhood is not able to purge cooking smells very well and, having judged the performance of the Fiamma Turbo Vent in our last van as extremely effective, I'm putting one in place of the existing rooflight over our current van kitchen area.

The Vent fits the same roof aperture as the existing rooflight so no roof-cutting needed but the nearest 12v source is a 12v 20w ceiling light fitting. The Vent consumes from zero to a maximum of 36w at full operation.

So I could:-

1) wire the new Vent to the nearest ceiling light and hope that it works because I've replaced all the 20w halogen bulbs with 4w LEDs and the circuit (originally 5 units at 20w each, now 5 at 4w each) would be working below capacity, even with the added 36w load;

2) run the feed wire to the new Vent using a stick-on plastic duct, into high cabinets and down to the Electroblock 220, where I could wire it via a 3 (or 4?) amp in-line fuse, directly onto the leisure battery terminals.

3) as 2, above, but into a spare, fused circuit on the Electroblock (though how I'd locate a free circuit and wire it in, I wouldn't know!)

Option 1 above is very tempting and someone has posted on here about having wired it into a lighting unit when fitting a new Turbo Vent - but all vans and there circuits are probably different and what works for one may not work for another.

Norman

PS In case it isn't clear in the above, I really like Option 1.......

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
You could use the lighting wiring as a draw wire to pull in another circuit. However I think it will be fine off the lighting wiring as long as you DONT increase the fuse size.
You should be able to fish through the ceiling polystyrene from the light to the fan with a suitable tool.

OP
OP
H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
Blimey, that was quick! A reply in under 5 minutes. Thank you.

Yes, I was thinking a knitting needle might pierce through the insulation to hide the wire.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back