Fitting Sundance 630G reversing camera (1 Viewer)

Findlaters

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
North East Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Into our 4th year
Hello,
Has anyone fitted a reversing camera to a 2007 Sundance 630G? I would like to fit one, but not keen on removing panels to fit the cables. As these MH's can have cameras fitted as factory extras I am wondering if the wiring is already in place. If it is then it would save a lot of trouble:Smile:

Les

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
Hi Findlaters,

Depending on the build of the vehicle, it may already have some of the wiring in place for a wired reversing camera.

In general, a 2007 model will have a pre-installed harness, which is configured for a drop down monitor in the cab headlining and a review view camera.

However, you may find that there is the moulding to take the standard monitor is not fitted.

Depending on how you wish to proceed, you have the option of purchasing the original monitor or fitting an aftermarket device, using the same wiring.

Which ever solution you choose, in the centre of the cab headlining (an aperture would need to be cut to access this) the following connections are present:

1) Jack plug providing a 12v supply (Yellow/Red +ve and White/Orange -ve)

2) 2x connections for 12v lights, which were part of the monitor installation moulding. (Each connection carrying Slate/Red (+ve) and White/Orange (-ve) connections

3) An Orange wire terminating in a female terminal, which is 12v +ve when reverse is engaged. (This was used as a trigger by the monitor)

4) A Red Phono / RCA type connector, which is the video feed from the camera

At the rear door side corner, either in the upper locker corner or just behind, is the point where the video feed and power supplies come together, along with a diode assembly. From this point an S-video style cable will route across to the centre of the upper rear section of the MH, to be fed through to the outside of the upper moulding and to a camera if required.

Again, depending on the solution you choose, you can pick-up these cables to fit a camera.

I hope that helps.

Ash

OP
OP
Findlaters

Findlaters

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
North East Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Into our 4th year
Ash,
Thanks for the information. I'll get a look at my set up when I'm home next. Just one other thing, can I buy the camera cowl that fits below the rear high level brake light from swift?

Thanks
Les

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back