Fitting Sat Dome to Swift Sundance 2012 (1 Viewer)

Nov 4, 2013
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 2012
Exp
14 months
I have a Swift Sundance 630L 2012 model and want to have a Road Pro Sat dome fitted to the roof. I would be very grateful if any one could advise me on these points. I want to have the control unit and a Sky box fitted in the cupboard next to the wardrobe.

1) Is there any set place I should instruct the fitter to drill or not to drill on the roof. Are there wires to be avoided for example.

2) I believe they stick the dome onto the roof but I want it also screwed on – what is the recommended size of the screws to have used including length of screw to use to do this? Again are there supports in the roof which the screws should aim for?

3) I have been advised to have a 12 volt dedicated line back to the battery as control unit can suffer from voltage drop. What size of fuse should be used and how should this connection to the battery be made,

Any other thoughts on what I need to be aware of?

:RollEyes:

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I agree the fitter will be telling you the best way to do it, if you have it done at the roadpro factory at Daventry then Paul from Northants Motorhomes may do it and he is a motorhomer himself and pretty dam good.

Dave

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
I would avoid drilling unnecessary holes for screws into your roof. It's just creating more opportunities for damp to sneak in.

A good adhesive like Sikkalfex will keep it securely in position, and also should you change vans you can remove the dome if you want to transfer it across.

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
I fitted a dome to our 630L, used adhesive only, no screws, the cable enters van into wardrobe, down to floor and into said cupboard, wired direct to leisure battery using 10 amp fuse, alls well.

Eric:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back