Fitting of a Thule/Fiamma Awning

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by dpsuk999, Jul 28, 2015.

1. dpsuk999

dpsuk999 Funster

Just after a bit of information from anyone who has fitted an awning to their MH or had reason to remove one.

Correct me if I'm wrong but looks like the brackets bolt through the MH body and then the actual awning box is then located into said brackets and screwed into place?

The reason I ask is I'm wanting to remove the awning box from the MH to do a couple of jobs but not remove the brackets if that makes sense?

Can anyone who has any knowledge please advise.

Cheers David.

2. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

Yes David there will be a few screws "Omnistor "(self tappers) inside the awning box and it will then un hook from the brackets. You will need at least two people on a van your size.

Fiamma often have screws on the outside of the box on bottom edge and same applies

• Like Like x 1
  3. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

Typical of Thule/Omnistor
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. vectian

vectian Funster

Its far easier than you'd think. On my Fiamma there were 3 small bolts that held it in place to the bottom of the bracket and then it just twisted forward pushed up and it was off. It seems unsafe from this description but when you try it its very well designed and safe

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

Our panel van had 3 lugs already on the roof. So no drilling into the shell.
    I fixed the mounting brackets to the lugs using sikaflex and supplied bolts . Then fix the awning to the mounting plates. Simple.
    But I needed a lift , off my lad, with 4 metre awning . You couldn't do it by yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dpsuk999

dpsuk999 Funster

Thanks guys, it did look like you just unscrewed the screws at the base of the brackets but I didn't think that would be very secure so I'll have a go at the weekend.

Cheers David