Fitting of a double usb plug to ducato 250x (1 Viewer)

Jan 24, 2015
Leicester
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
Since2010
I want to fit a double USB plug in the cab area of my motorhome, so it is permanently live. I am conscious that there have been a number of threads that talk about the management systems on these vehicles being upset by various additions. Not understanding most of the technical detail, I am hoping for some help in telling me how to wire the double plug into the system without causing any problems for my self.

Thanking you in anticipation

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Find a cigar socket and use it's feed once you've proved it's permanently live.

Be warned a permanently live USB draws a little current so could be a problem when laid up, I put a switch on mine.

OP
OP
R
Jan 24, 2015
Leicester
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
Since2010
My cigar sockets are not permanently live so need to find an alternative source. Thank you about the switch idea.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
My cigar sockets are not permanently live so need to find an alternative source. Thank you about the switch idea.

Ah. So can you get a wire to you leisure battery ? Direct to battery with a 5A fuse close to the + of the battery.

Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
I took a new feed direct from the van battery (via 5a fuse) to the dashboard and made both my sockets permanent live

OP
OP
R
Jan 24, 2015
Leicester
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
Since2010
Thinking about the sources of live power. I have a two position rocker switch, for the radio, , one live all the time, and one live with the ignition on. Could I take a a lead from the switch side of the rocker switch which is on when the ignition is off? Is the lead to the switch man enough to take the extra drain?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back