Fitting Microwave in old tv locker?? (1 Viewer)

May 10, 2012
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one.
Exp
Since 2006(1986 VW T25)
Hi all,
Have my tv on a bracket so the tv locker with the sliding doors is now obsolete. Have bought a small microwave and will have plenty of space all around it and will only be using occasionaly to warm things up.
Would like to fit it in this cupboard. Do you think this will be ok. The weight of this is approx 16kg. My van is a Suntor 530lp. Has anyone else attempted or done this?

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
the only concern i have with microwaves high up is if you happen to have a spill whilst removing the hot item.

ok it will burn you at what ever height the microwave is at but higher up would be more serious in my opinion.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We took out the oven a few weeks ago.. Had the van almost 4 years and NEVER used it once

replaced it with a nuke'r and saved weight, and it gets used all the time :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
our combo microwave is fitted high up

We have had a combo microwave in this RV and in others.. always high up.. never seemed to cause a problem.. knowing how the yanks like law cases, I would have thought if there was an issue they would have moved them lower.. but they work well and never had a problem high up as we say.

Bob

Styx

Free Member
May 1, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Hi all,
Have my tv on a bracket so the tv locker with the sliding doors is now obsolete. Have bought a small microwave and will have plenty of space all around it and will only be using occasionaly to warm things up.
Would like to fit it in this cupboard. Do you think this will be ok. The weight of this is approx 16kg. My van is a Suntor 530lp. Has anyone else attempted or done this?

We have, and it works well on the odd occasions we are on hook-up :thumb:
We took out the pull-out, turntable-type tv support and put a false floor in the cupboard with holes drilled for the feet of the microwave, just so that it doesn't move in transit
I'm fairly tall so the height isn't an issue - in fact it's probably a better height for me than the oven/grill where I find myself on my knees checking the progress of the toast! :RollEyes:
We still use the cupboard for the tv though - the bracket we've put in allows a small flat-screen tv to fold up and slide in above the microwave when not in use :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back