Fitting Microwave in old tv locker??

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Goldenoldies, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Goldenoldies

Goldenoldies Funster

Hi all,
    Have my tv on a bracket so the tv locker with the sliding doors is now obsolete. Have bought a small microwave and will have plenty of space all around it and will only be using occasionaly to warm things up.
    Would like to fit it in this cupboard. Do you think this will be ok. The weight of this is approx 16kg. My van is a Suntor 530lp. Has anyone else attempted or done this?

2. aba

aba

the only concern i have with microwaves high up is if you happen to have a spill whilst removing the hot item.

ok it will burn you at what ever height the microwave is at but higher up would be more serious in my opinion.

3. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

We took out the oven a few weeks ago.. Had the van almost 4 years and NEVER used it once

replaced it with a nuke'r and saved weight, and it gets used all the time :thumb:

4. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

our combo microwave is fitted high up

We have had a combo microwave in this RV and in others.. always high up.. never seemed to cause a problem.. knowing how the yanks like law cases, I would have thought if there was an issue they would have moved them lower.. but they work well and never had a problem high up as we say.

Bob

5. Styx

Styx Read Only Funster

We have, and it works well on the odd occasions we are on hook-up :thumb:
    We took out the pull-out, turntable-type tv support and put a false floor in the cupboard with holes drilled for the feet of the microwave, just so that it doesn't move in transit
    I'm fairly tall so the height isn't an issue - in fact it's probably a better height for me than the oven/grill where I find myself on my knees checking the progress of the toast! :RollEyes:
    We still use the cupboard for the tv though - the bracket we've put in allows a small flat-screen tv to fold up and slide in above the microwave when not in use :Smile: