Fitting cab LED lighting

Discussion in 'Auto-Trail' started by Stewart J, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Stewart J

Stewart J Funster

The most comfortable seats are in the cab, yet there is no provision for reading lights and its so dim at night. Researched the alternatives for a while and decided to go with the self adhesive led strips in warm white. OH wanted a light over each seat rather than a single length across the cab. Rocker on/off switches were fitted (second photo to right of grab handle) and I went for a rf dimmer unit which I secreted behind and below the charger unit. The dimmer only works if one or both switches are in on position and is remarkably effective (cost £4.99)

I'm so pleased with the result and was wondering if others were considering something similar. I took photos of each stage and if there is interest will put a step by step guide to the procedure I used. My model is a Frontier Mohawk 2013. :thumb:

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      81.2 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      55.6 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Bellini

Bellini Funster

I'd be interested in your guide. :thumb:

3. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

I like that. One of my few criticisms of our new Bailey is the lack of lighting towards the front end and, amongst other things, I'll be looking at lighting at Peterborough next week. I'd be interested in a guide.