fishing meet--october 14th--17th (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We are leaving for Oxford now, just as a funster arrives here at Link Removed. One out one in::bigsmile: see you all tomorrow sometime:thumb:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
We are leaving for Oxford now, just as a funster arrives here Link Removed. One out one in::bigsmile: see you all tomorrow sometime:thumb:
See you tomorrow Jim. Have a safe trip:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
COME ON FUNSTERS, HELP THIS MEET OUT, EVEN IF YOU DON'T FISH, JUST GO AND HAVE A WEEKEND.

Tough owner Chris pxxes me off when they do that. I so wish we were coming but it's so far and I have to do that work thing all weekend :cry::cry:

Good luck with it:thumb:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Evening Campers, I won't be coming...........................................:ROFLMAO:

till late on Friday as I'm off to the NEC to buy some bits and pieces. See you about 5 or 6pm

regards Griff

L

liverpool

Deleted User
we will deffo be there but not till about 6 ish . van packed with fishing gear so please dont cancel :RollEyes:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
we will deffo be there but not till about 6 ish . van packed with fishing gear so please dont cancel :RollEyes:
im not cancelling the meet buddy,we will be there about 10am,see you later:thumb:
its going to be a cracking weekend,weather wise,another mini heatwave :thumb:
if anyone want to come please feel free to just turn up say you are with motorhomefun:thumb:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
well im here,just a few pics to show what a lovely site it is and the weather is warm and sunny:thumb:

Last edited:

mickandkim

Free Member
Oct 3, 2011
Purston Jaglin
Funster No
MH
hope to be mobile by dec
Exp
very very new
Chris,
Been following this thread for a while and would have loved to come down but would have felt a bit of a fraud as we haven't got our motorhome yet..

Any decent catches to report.. ?

Mick

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Chris,
Been following this thread for a while and would have loved to come down but would have felt a bit of a fraud as we haven't got our motorhome yet..

Mick
You should have gone along Mick & Kim. Everyone would have made you welcome. You're a signed up Funster, Motorhome or not.

Pop down this morning if you are close by, and introduce yourself to Chris and the gang. There's bound to be a kettle on the boil amongst them. :winky:

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita.

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Chris,

Mick
yes ! liverpool had four carp up to 16 pound:thumb:jim got the pic's:thumb:
the weather has been warm and sunny,the drink has been free flowing,the company has been great,all in all a great weekend :thumb:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
just a pic of a fish caught by pete,who was with the liverpool group:thumb:
a koi carp 9 1/2 pound:thumb:

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I'm not a fisherman but went along for the fun. Chris chose a great site, very picturesque. Thanks to Fran (Chris's wife) for running all the Funsters into town and for sorting out a cracking breakfast this morning. Met a few new funsters and met some older ones again (Hi Kath :Smile:) ::bigsmile: Lovely weather, lovely company. Thanks again, Chris and Fran, Brilliant:thumb::thumb:

We must definitely organise another meet there next year, Well worth a visit. :thumb:

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
well im here,just a few pics to show what a lovely site it is and the weather is warm and sunny:thumb:

Bugger bugger bugger and bugger again:Sad:

Looks great mate, glad you've all had a great time,

Could'nt make this time Chris but hopefully you will do it again:thumb::thumb:

Tim

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
A big thanks to Chris and Fran for organising this meet , had a great weekend even if a little delicate on Saturday morning :winky::winky:

Mark & Sharon

sparky_speedy

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Funster No
Hi Chris & Fran

Well, we were very lucky with the weather for October. Much colder down South today. Thanks for arranging a lovely meet in very pretty surroundings.

Special thanks to Fran for ferrying us girls to the shops and sorting out the bacon rolls on Sunday morning.

Am glad the fishermen enjoyed themselves and I didn't do too bad on the shopping front::bigsmile:

See you all soon

Deb n Paul

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We have not long arrived home from this great meet, Thank you Chris and Fran for a great w/e, we thoroughly enjoyed

Thanks also to Fran for taxiing myself and other ladies about on Saturday - to and from Banbury and then on sunday for the lovely Bacon rolls !

Very pretty site with plenty of room, with ehu too... and the weather was perfect with bright sunshine and very warm, shower facilities here I am told were excellent, also the warden here is very helpful and friendly and has amazing birds at the falconry

Lake/s looked well stocked ...hope there is another meet here in the future:thumb::thumb:

Lovely meeting new folk and catching up with other friends

John n Kath x

littlehouse

Free Member
Jan 25, 2011
Decize France
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Driver 52
Exp
fishing meet

Just arrived home it was a long way to go but worth the effort.Thanks to everyone for making our first meet such a great one:thumb:. We hope to meet you again next year. A special thankyou to Chris for arranging a great venue and organizing the weather so perfectly.:thumb::thumb:

MONSI

Free Member
Sep 3, 2007
stalybridge manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
A big thank you chris & fran it was a fab meet weather, location, was great
thank you for taking us into town fran and thanks for the bacon buttys
nice to meet old n new friends
see you all on the next meet:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Thanks Chris and Fran for fitting us in on saturday evening and to all you funsters for such a warm welcome, it was lovely to see you all old and new, merry and enjoying the last bit of sunshine.

We were told this morning that we will not be charged for entering the low emmision zone on the A20 THANK GOD FOR THAT:thumb:. BUT a word of warning to all you campers ENTERING INWARDS TO LONDON OF THE M25 it is your own resposibility to make payment, , you do not get a bill, just a fine. We were told today you can pay before you travel and you now when you are in the zone it is upto you to pay the ÂŁ200 PER DAY. We were told with our van we will be charged in 2012. WE WONT BECAUSE WE WONT BE ANYWHERE NEAR LONDON :Angry:

Kate Bill Amanda

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Well I’ve been back a day (straight back to work) but I have to say if that fishing meet is typical of the Fun meets then we will be there again.

Big thanks to chrisgreen for the organisation and especially to Fran for throwing all the girls together with her taxi service into Banbury, Jackie met some new friends and thoroughly enjoyed it.

We were not the only ones there for out first meet as liverpool (Sue & Paul) and littlehouse (Liz & yellowhand Clive) were enjoying their first meet too, thanks guys for making us feel at home.

(Cath and John) champers also made us feel very welcome though John seemed more in anguish about what the Mrs had spent in Banbury than he did about the Wales France score line. Great Pimms BTW.

MONSI also went to Banbury with C.L.S but they could only describe the inside of the Pubs they’d visited.

sparky_speedy (Debs) went to Banbury with the rest of the Gaggle whilst Paul made the most of the fishing opportunity along with son of liverpool.

On the Saturday evening Ambilkate (Kate, Bill and Amanda) turned up unannounced on their way back from a London trip and made the party Ten Vans. Really great to meet you guys.

There was also a big yellow fella there with the most gorgeous wife and daughter Sian and Katie, his name escapes me, but he spent much of the time in his van shouting at the telly Proof Positive that even a Big Soft Englishman supports the Home team enthusiastically. Jim, yeah that was it.

Great Breakfast, great scenery, great weather, great meet, great spot, great people, great “Fun”, thanks again.

Griff…………………Popeye :thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Proof Positive that even a Big Soft Englishman supports the Home team enthusiastically. Jim, yeah that was it.

You'll ruin my reputation::bigsmile: For the record I wasn't cheering wales, I was watching an old re-run of the 2003 World Cup Final::bigsmile:

Glad you two enjoyed your first meet, you must do it again:thumb:

L

liverpool

Deleted User
Thanks Chris and Fran for the great meet. What a gem of a site , only 40 mins from where we live and we didnt know it existed Was lovely to meet some funsters cant wait for the next time :Smile:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Hello Funsters,

Well you will never believe this, I have managed to steal a few moments on Chris's laptop while he isn't looking.

I would just like to say a big thankyou for all of you that made it to the fishing meet last weekend.

Thanks to Cath & John for dinner x 2, thank to Sian for her assistance along with Cath on Sunday morning.

Thank for all the great company, and just fantastic meeting the new faces and familiar faces.

Let's hope that the next meet we do will have just as good weather, couldn't of wished for better.

Thanks again.:Smile:

Fran. (Chris's better half).

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hello Funsters,

Well you will never believe this, I have managed to steal a few moments on Chris's laptop while he isn't looking.

I would just like to say a big thankyou for all of you that made it to the fishing meet last weekend.

Thanks to Cath & John for dinner x 2, thank to Sian for her assistance along with Cath on Sunday morning.

Thank for all the great company, and just fantastic meeting the new faces and familiar faces.

Let's hope that the next meet we do will have just as good weather, couldn't of wished for better.

Thanks again.:Smile:

Fran. (Chris's better half).

Well done Fran for acquiring the laptop without Chris knowing :thumb:

It was a real pleasure helping you out especially as you are both so helpful in every way

(thanx Chris for assisting in fixing our sliding bathroom door)

Looking forward to you next marshaling a meet :thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
just uploaded some pic's of the meet.:thumb:
Jim! do you have some pic's of the 16 lb fish that peter caught?

pic's here Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back