Fishing meet- may 2009 - bullock farm, Somerset

Discussion in 'Rally Planning Discussion and Chat' started by hannah29, Oct 1, 2008.

1. hannah29

hannah29 Deleted User

Hi All,

Due to the success and increasing interest in the fishing weekends I thought I would get in early and arrange for a meet in May next year.

I am aiming for the late May Bank Holiday weekend. The meet would start on Friday 22nd May and run until at least Monday 25th but could be extended on into the week if there is enought interest.

I am currently in discussion with a venue in Somerset as shown below:

Bullock Farm Fishing Lakes

They have a rally field that we can use and I will assess with them the number of spaces they can make available.

There are some facilities on the site as described:

The Campsite...

Our 2-acre campsite can accommodate up to 5 caravans plus tents and is set in our 12-acre field adjacent to our well established fishing lakes, recently voted in the top 100 fisheries in the UK by the Angler’s Mail & Angling Times. We offer usual facilities of drinking water and chemical disposal point and our newly refurbished showers and toilets are are situated in the fishing car park. Refreshments are available daily from our on-site café. We do not have electric hook ups.

The fishing is excellent and there are many lakes to choose from - depending on numbers we can have a whole lake to ourselves. I was looking for a venue where more of us can catch at least something and this place should fit the bill.

Plans for the weekend - well it is a long way off so these will develop over the next few months (we have a lot of work to do to match the work put in by Alan last weekend) - but we will do our best to make sure that there is something for everyone to do and we will try to get kids involved as much as possible. We plan to hold the fishing match over two days - a five hour match on the Saturday and the Sunday with post days counting towards the overall result - we would also like to hold a junior MHFers fishing match over a couple of hours on the Sunday morning.

In the short term leave us a message to signify your interest and we will keep you informed of progress over the coming weeks.

Seagull and hannah

2. tanky

tanky Deleted User

Put me down,never been to Somerset were the cider apples grow:thumb:

3. hannah29

hannah29 Deleted User

tis good stuff....i will personally make sure we have plenty :Wink:
    hannah

4. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

i suppose i must:Wink:

5. seagull

seagull Deleted User

A visit to Thatchers before the meet might be in order - they are very close by...

6. tanky

tanky Deleted User

whats Thatcher's

7. haganap

Well im not going round Margarets house in my van!!!:BigGrin:

8. hannah29

hannah29 Deleted User

9. DMS

DMS Trader Life Member

hi
    well im definatly in for this i just need to make a bigger trophy cabinet:Rofl1::Rofl1:
    alan

10. seagull

seagull Deleted User

Alan,

You might have more chance of getting in the frame here without the pressure of organising the rest of the weekend activities....

I am off for a practice session there as soon as it can be arranged.

Seagull

11. Red Sonja

Red Sonja Funster

We would be interested (especially in the Thatchers bit) Not sure if we will fish though.

Sonja

12. C.L.S

C.L.S Trader - Service & Repairs

Definetly up for this one :BigGrin::BigGrin: Keep us informed of developments

Mark & Shaz

13. seagull

seagull Deleted User

any comment on the proposed venue.....?

i have a couple of alternatives but Bullock farm is my preference.

Seagull

14. keith

keith Funster

Sounds good to me, but will depend on our return date from "THE SOUTH" no set return date yet but provisionally YES book Keith & Jean in. :thumb::thumb:

15. hannah29

hannah29 Deleted User

hey i am only doing the thatchers bit!!! i despise fish!!!!

16. seagull

seagull Deleted User

Update

I have just spoke to Phil, the owner of Bullock Farm and we have the go-ahead for this meet / rally.

We have no real limit as to the number of attendees as the field could take 80+ units and I cannot see us getting this many. The more the merrier though.

Dates confirmed as 22nd - 25th May 2009 although it could be extended into the following week if we get a few that want to stay on.

We are allowed dogs but we have to clear up behind them and they are not allowed to go to the fishing lakes.

No electric hook ups at all.

Plans for the weekend will evolve over the coming months but we will have a fishing match covering two 5 hour fishing sessions and there will be a junior match as well.

We will try to sort a community tent as well - we'll keep you informed.

Any ideas / requests for additional entertainment gratefully received as well as any volunteers for assistance with organising.

Can anyone with the knowledge please change the title of this thread to include the dates and rough location or tell me what to do....

Thanks

Seagull

17. Diabalo

Diabalo Funster

Great to see another meet is being put together:thumb:
    Not sure a 2 day comp is the way to go, surely many will be there for just the weekend and be wanting to be getting away on the Sunday.
    Just my thoughts on it.

18. haganap

No Diablo. Its a two day compettion but we tell Robbie that its a 2 hour competition. Henc egiving us the time to catch the fish before he even starts.:Rofl1:

19. hannah29

hannah29 Deleted User

some people may wish too but as its a bank holiday weekend my guess is most will stay on till the monday
    hannah

20. Bryan

Bryan Read Only Funster

Bump. :BigGrin: