fishing match and family fun weekend (1 Viewer)

The Poor Relations

Free Member
Sep 16, 2007
Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
we do not fish, but if there are quite a few children there we may be interested, we have that weekend free, and it is my boys 5th birthday that weekend, we were away with MHFun last year on his birthday too and he had a great time

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
we do not fish, but if there are quite a few children there we may be interested, we have that weekend free, and it is my boys 5th birthday that weekend, we were away with MHFun last year on his birthday too and he had a great time
Hi stranger
It will be a great meet, the last one was, bouncy castles and all :thumb:
and seeing as you don't fish Alan will welcome you with open arms:thumb:
Its the competition he cant stand:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
reining big fish champs frighten him ya know:Blush:
Geo Big Fish Champion 2008

T

tanky

Deleted User
Hi geo
Tanky MHF fishing champ 2007 here look forward to crossing lines with you.
What bait are you going to use::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Tanky
I was thinking of using Alan as bait due to size of fish normally caught, But sadly Alan has arranged this one when he knew i would be out of the country in Morocco:roflmto:
I have in a previous post offered to fish on the same day and time in a Desert Oasis and pm him my weight for the day, but I don't think he trusts those Arabs to keep an honest record:RollEyes:
Next time for sure :thumb:I am sending Bryan Admin) my Apprentice though although he like to keep catches down to about 6lb as he only has a fold up rod and 1 float he does average about 2 a minuet:thumb:
Geo
ps if its still alive he will be using his favorite maggot from the last competition

Last edited:
T

tanky

Deleted User
Hi Geo
Won at that venue last year with a secret bait that I will disclose for small fee or a few beers.:winky:
The quiz answers will be a few bob or gallons more.::bigsmile:
PS Lake rules are only male maggots allowed

OP
OP
DMS

DMS

Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Feb 2, 2008
Funster No
MH
Concorde 850L
Exp
Time Began
hi right then where do i start today!!!!!:roflmto:
poor relations..
im sure there will be loads of children around so please feel free to come and join in the fun...
geo
well matey,,as a former mhf fishing champ myself im just wondering where to put my trophy this time:roflmto::roflmto:
i honestly didn't know you were away tho,,,,
and as for secret bait don't worry ill sabotage everyones rod's the night before.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
alan

OP
OP
DMS

DMS

Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Feb 2, 2008
Funster No
MH
Concorde 850L
Exp
Time Began
hi all
just to confirm there are 40 pegs available for the fishing match on sat. but we have space for 60 motorhomes...
alan

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
hi all
just to confirm there are 40 pegs available for the fishing match on sat. but we have space for 60 motorhomes...
alan

Alan,
Is this a camp site so that we could arrive before Friday? (& get some practice in) :thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi Tanky
I was thinking of using Alan as bait due to size of fish normally caught, But sadly Alan has arranged this one when he knew i would be out of the country in Morocco:roflmto:
I have in a previous post offered to fish on the same day and time in a Desert Oasis and pm him my weight for the day, but I don't think he trusts those Arabs to keep an honest record:RollEyes:
Next time for sure :thumb:I am sending Bryan Admin) my Apprentice though although he like to keep catches down to about 6lb as he only has a fold up rod and 1 float he does average about 2 a minuet:thumb:
Geo
ps if its still alive he will be using his favorite maggot from the last competition

Bryan might only have 1 float but he can narf send it accross the water. I recon if the competetion rules include the most and farthest casts in one day my monies on Bryan.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Thats why he,s only got one float, he keeps loosing em:ROFLMAO: the guy on the oposite bank went home with 14 new ones:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
DMS

DMS

Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Feb 2, 2008
Funster No
MH
Concorde 850L
Exp
Time Began
keith
yes it's a certified cl. i'll be arriving on the thursday but there is also wolvey caravan site 500yds down the road if you did want to arrive early..
alan

OP
OP
DMS

DMS

Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Feb 2, 2008
Funster No
MH
Concorde 850L
Exp
Time Began
mark
ive added you to the list, but i must warn you that this match is won by weight not quantity so you'll have to leave the sticklebacks alone:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
alan

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Alan If all goes according to plan. Pammy and I land back in the UK on the Friday, and have to pass you lot on the way home ,so have decided to end our trip in style and join you all at this meet
put me down for a peg, should roll in after teatime Friday
PS you will have to lend me a maggot as mine has died:cry::thumb:
Geo & Pammy (Escapee's):ROFLMAO:
PPS will be bringing back top secret Bait as used in the Sahara lakes

Last edited:
T

tanky

Deleted User
Great news Geo
Look forward to meeting you just as I was thinking it was going to be a cake walk.
the Legend:ROFLMAO: wants me to bring him a bignet as it seems he does not have one,probably never had the need:ROFLMAO:
Tight lines Tanky
ps tip for keeping bait fresh in the desert use fresh ice and not frozen.:Cool:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Looking forward to it already mate, I dont thinks Alans going to add me on, he's terrified you know, Ive got a spare 6x4 net i wont be using, ill stick with me big un:thumb:
Want any Camel dung bringing back. great for ground bait
Oops!!! thats me secret out:Doh:
Geo

OP
OP
DMS

DMS

Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Feb 2, 2008
Funster No
MH
Concorde 850L
Exp
Time Began
geo
what can i say you never cease to amaze me!!!! i'll willingly add you to the list, as for a maggot you'll have to ask tanky i never use em,
i have my own dynamite and drag net :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
i will like last time do a bait run on the sat morning if needed, but they do now have a bait shop on site so ive been told..
alan

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Want any Camel dung bringing back. great for ground bait
Oops!!! thats me secret out:Doh:
Geo

Might come in handy for the Bar-B-Q Geo :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Alan,

Not read through all the posts yet, however, Rita and I would be interested in attending this meet please, although neither of us, are of the "fishing fraternity." :winky:

Between us, we might manage an old garden cane with a piece of string and a rusty bent nail attached, along with a loaf of wholemeal as bait. Are we in with a sniff of a chance at the champions cup? :winky:
On second thoughts, please don't book us a peg. It'll save us making ar#es of ourselves, but provide the opportunity for some other poor soul to do it instead. :ROFLMAO:
We can contribute towards the day's sport, by throwing in big boulders from the banks of the lakes. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if we can be of any assistance. in that way. :roflmto:

Hook up is not essential, but if any are going spare, we'll have one please.

We have an AM balloon flight if it isn't cancelled AGAIN, so we probably wouldn't make it until late afternoon / early evening.

Cheers,

Jock.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Jock nice to see your coming to this meet
However you seem to have doubts about making an Ar#e of your self if you fish,
Why not book a peg in between me and Bryan and we,ll show you how :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Why not book a peg in between me and Bryan and we,ll show you how :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

To make an A***E of yorself? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Thanks George. Hope that you and Pam can make it back in time.

What! and have you two make my life a misery by taking the urine all day..............................oh, go on then. :roflmto:

Alan, can you book me a peg please, between this pair of p##s artistes :ROFLMAO:
I have to warn you though George, I get easily bored, and have a very low attention span when not enjoying myself. :RollEyes:

Jock.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I have to warn you though George, I get easily bored, and have a very low attention span when not enjoying myself. :RollEyes:

Jock.[/quote]
Jock this is mixed meet remember, you will have Fun that is a Fact:thumb:
Geo

OP
OP
DMS

DMS

Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Feb 2, 2008
Funster No
MH
Concorde 850L
Exp
Time Began
jock
ive added you to the list but don't worry about catching the smallest fish cause im pleased to announce ASH the tadpole catcher is coming along:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
sorry linn had to be done:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
alan

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
jock
ive added you to the list but don't worry about catching the smallest fish cause im pleased to announce ASH the tadpole catcher is coming along:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
sorry linn had to be done:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
alan

Alan, I hate to say this but you won't hear the last of it if the tadpole catcher happens to be you this time. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Are you taking the disco and karaoke like last time?

OP
OP
DMS

DMS

Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Feb 2, 2008
Funster No
MH
Concorde 850L
Exp
Time Began
pammy
as for me catchin the smallest fish NEVER::bigsmile:
as for the disco and kareoke now thats an idea leave it with me i'll see what i can do, i did have the idea of hiring a rodeo bull for the sat evening i think that would be good fun..:thumb:what do you think?

alan

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
:thumb:
pammy
as for me catchin the smallest fish NEVER::bigsmile:
as for the disco and kareoke now thats an idea leave it with me i'll see what i can do, i did have the idea of hiring a rodeo bull for the sat evening i think that would be good fun..:thumb:what do you think?

alan

A rodeo bull???:whatthe:

I think my posterior may be a little sore from camel riding and generally pinching my cheeks together whilst Geo tries to manoeuvre the RV around the Atlas Mountains:Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Rodeo bulls are fun to watch but I can't see myself taking part in all honesty. Great idea though, go for it - FUN is what it is all about. Will be a great laugh for some

Pammy

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Me and James are looking forward to this one. I have not fished for years but if Ash is as bad a fisherman as the tales that are told of his tiny catches I am sure we won't come last. ::bigsmile: That said I reckon there are some here who when telling you of their catches, the fish would be bigger if their arms were l o n g e r::bigsmile:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
I think a few funsters may like a remeinder of the fishermans prayer. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

God Grant me the serenity to accept the size of fish I catch, the courage not to fib about it, and the wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway. :thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You can comment all you like, but I hold the record for catching the BIGGEST FISH EVER
In the history of MhFun Fishing competitions
Its fun and its a fact
and no one can take that away
untill September
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.