Fishing in Europe

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Hils and Glenns, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns Funster

What are the rules for fishing in France, Spain and Portugal. Do you need a licence? If so where do you get one and how much do they cost? Thanks

2. Zigisla

Zigisla Funster

3. Smith and Sharp

Smith and Sharp Funster

If you fish private lakes, rivers and canals with owners permission l.e: camp sites with lakes or next to river/canal you don't need a liacence, if your out and about you will need one... However you will need one for every department you are in, (like here in the old days if you fished then) from the local tackle dealer or some Marie's do them...

Now as it's fairly quiete in some places you may think it will be easy to get away with it, which is true, BUT unlike here where you will get a fine, the French police (yes the police) will take all your stuff and give you a big fine on the spot or March you down to the bank...!

To be honest I have fished in some quiete places as there is a lot out there and places that haven't seen a hook and great fishing and got away with it but I have seen the police walking the canals checking the paperwork.....

4. Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns Funster

Thanks both. Permits look a bit complicated judging by Zigisla's link. Mr Hils only does occasional fishing so I think he will have to stick to campsite lakes.