Fishing and Shopping weekend

Discussion in 'Rally Planning Discussion and Chat' started by C.L.S, Jul 19, 2010.

1. C.L.S

C.L.S Trader - Service & Repairs

We are planning a fun weekend incorporating a fishing competition.
    Campsite : http://www.hoar-park.co.uk/
    Date : 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th September
    Fishing venue : http://www.hoarparkfishery.co.uk/

The weekend is being organised by C.L.S and DMS , briefly Hoar park has something for everyone including ,craft shops , resturant/bar , childrens farm and playground , garden centre ...etc Located between Nuneaton and Birmingham set in fantastic countryside. Opposite the site on a Sunday is one of the largest carboot sales in the Midlands (weather permitting.

Fishing is not compulsary , plenty of other things to see and do.......

The campsite has a few hardstandings should the weather not be kind , fresh water and Elsan point (no hookups) plenty of room for everyone.

There are 2 lakes approximately 1.5 Acres and 3/4 Acre, both are stocked with a mixture of course fish including Carp to 21lb, Tench, Roach, Bream,Gudgeon and Rudd.
    The Lakes are set amongst some stunning rolling countryside with 360 degree views of fields and forest. Depending on numbers we can have bothg lakes for the competition. Shay who runs the fishery has now got his certificate / badge to coach fishing so if anyone wants a lesson this can be arranged (Not you Alan (DMS) :Rofl1::Rofl1:) Refreshments , breakfasts can be delivered to your peg if required. Shay will oversee the competition and will weigh all fish and catches.

Thursday 16th : For those who want to arrive early (may be to practise fishing :Laughing:) opens 1.00pm

Friday 17th : We have the Barn booked for the weekend , Friday night is Quiz night (with a twist) , bring your own refreshments and nibbles , the weather can,t spoil our FUN :Smile:

Saturday 18th : Fishing competition between 10.00am and 3.00pm . For those not fishing and who fancy some retail therapy , Direct Taxis ( http://www.directtaxisltd.co.uk/) can arrange a minibus to Birmingham or Coventry for a shopping expedition ( Price dependant on numbers )

Saturday evening we have a Race night , Race nights give you all the excitement of the races without losing all your money :BigGrin:. You are able to bet on a race from the comfort of your own seat , we will also be having an American type supper .

Sunday 19th : Massive carboot opposite campsite for bargains galore

No doubt we will come up with more ideas before the weekend arrives :Laughing: :Wink:

Pitch £7.50 per night incl. use of the Barn and entertainment

Fishing £5.00 per peg

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

It doesn't take me 4 days.

Drive to local chippy, buy fish 'n' chips, drive home.

20 mins tops.

3. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

Looks lovely but unfortunately we cant make this one xxxx

Good luck

4. DMS

DMS Trader Life Member

CLS (mark)..
    i won't tell anyone that you are currently taking a course of lessons!!! honestly:Rofl1::Rofl1:
    i might just have to sit this match out to give you a chance......:Rofl1::Rofl1:
    Alan

OH and for anyone who was at the last match.. ROBBIE is BANNED !!!!!!!!!!!!:Rofl1::Rofl1:

5. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Oh what a shame, I love supporting meets and this one sounds like it will be great, in fact if its half as good as the last fishing meet or the Robbie meet as its now known it will be a blast.
    However, its the weekend of the Bath comedy walk and we are down to attend and I promised JJ I would heckle him :cry:

6. C.L.S

Thats a shame Paul , I have seen you fish and DMS could have had some competition :Rofl1:

Unfortunatly it was the only weekend that the barn was available , with the great British weather we thought it was a must :Smile: to have an undercover venue

Mark

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  7. DMS

DMS Trader Life Member

8. keith

keith Funster

Hi Mark, Please put us down for this one.

Hope you get enough to make it worthwhile. Are you wanting a minimum number?

9. DMS

DMS Trader Life Member

HI Keith
    i have added you to the list of attendees and look forward to seeing you..

As for the fishing match there will be the usual trophy ect for the winner...
    and please try and remember to bring your keepnets with you, As you WILL need them.
    anyone that does not have any fishing tackle or keepnets please let me know and we will obtain them for you on loan..
    regards
    alan

10. carpyone

carpyone Read Only Funster

Please add me to the list.

Thanks Robert

11. DMS

DMS Trader Life Member

robert
    i have added you to the list.
    alan

12. C.L.S

This really is an easy venue to fish, almost overstocked , my lad Daniel has been fishing there this afternoon and had over 40 fish on the bank. So Alan (DMS) Hopefully should catch something :Rofl1::Rofl1:

Mark

13. DMS

DMS Trader Life Member

mark CLS
    i take it daniel was fishing whilst you was having your lessons :Rofl1::Rofl1:
    alan

14. DMS

DMS Trader Life Member

H sloberdoberbob "bob & sue"
    ive added you to the list of attendees, and look forward to meeting you.
    alan:Cool:

15. carpyone

carpyone Read Only Funster

I'm sorry but I have to withdraw from this meet as I have just found out that our annual family get together is on the same week-end.

Tight lines.

Robert

16. C.L.S

Change of dates

UPDATE........UPDATE.........UPDATE

Due to the original dates in September clashing with several other events we have changed the dates to : Sept 30th (Thursday) October 1st (Friday) 2nd (Saturday) 3rd (Sunday) Everything else remains the same , hopefully this is more conveniant for everybody

Plus it gives Alan (DMS) another week to practice his fishing :Rofl1:

Mark

17. meanders

meanders Funster - Life Member Life Member

We are interested in the meet :thumb: (but not in the fishing! :thumbdown:) and would like you to put us on the list.

I need to confirm with work though and may not be able to confirm until early September if we will arrive Friday or Saturday. Is that a problem?

Robin, Hilary and James. (plus the cats :Wink:)

18. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

ROOGA BOOGA

Put me down as a provisional. Cant fully commit yet as its Georges birthday on the 2nd, but will know soon.

19. DMS

DMS Trader Life Member

ok
    meanders i have added you to the list of attendees just let me know a little closer to the time.

haganap consider yourself added too mate. just leave the dressingown at home this time.:BigGrin:

20. pinkgin

pinkgin Funster Life Member

Aww, but I've bought him a nice silky one for next time!!!