First weekend in the motorhome (1 Viewer)

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
This was our first weekend in our - new to us - motorhome.

As ex-caravanners, we were keen to adopt new habits and mindset and our initial thoughts are “we seemed to have a more speedy pitch and break-pitch”; plus, the whole experience seemed to give us much more time to relax.

Of course, first experiences can be deceiving and as we live more with our motorhome we can truly feedback on so called –ives / +ives, but we thoroughly enjoyed our first weekend and had great fun.

We do have red-faces; we struggled to get the hot water working – on electric. After a call to the dealer and the patience of their technician we were up and running in not time (we were missing a switch) – as they say “every days a school day”.

So bring on next weekend and hopefully some warmer weather.

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Yes, we made that fatal error, first time out a good way from home without several run throughs at home. It took us about 3 months to fathom the entertainment system. That's one of our main plus points, so quick to get ready at home, setup and close down - it's just so much less stressful and much more relaxing ( our opinion for us, others may have different view).

Upvote 0

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi

Glad to hear you had a good time. It takes us about 5 minutes to get set up when we arrive on a site. I plug in the power cable and turn on the gas while SWMBO turns the cab chairs round and switches the fridge on etc.

We have never owned a caravan but I am usually on my 3rd glass of wine while a neighbouring carvanner who arrived at the same time as us is still faffing about with corner steadies etc.

Paul

PS Just noticed - you are yet another Funster from Norfolk!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
One of the main advantages that a motorhome has over a caravan is that you can get away at a moments notice. So you'll get plenty of opportunity to gain the experience you need. (y)

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Dont worry about the switch..!!
I think a lot of us have been there...

Upvote 0

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Motorways: I drive, he snoozes.
Smaller roads: he drives, I navigate.
Arrival: he backs in, I direct.
He gets the electric lead out, I get the kettle out.
I hitch to the van, he hitches to the post.
(Fridge switches over automatically - this is how we know if we haven't hooked up properly).
When the kettle doesn't boil we remember to switch on the power, cabin lights, & water pump. :whistle:
Sorted!

PS Glad you had a great time!

Upvote 0
Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks all, when we get up to speed we'll hopefully try and make a MF event.....
Don't worry about getting up to speed! We've only been away three times in ours and the first two times were Fun meets! We are new to it after caravanning for years too, does take some adjustment, more than you'd think! But being in a happy throng of likeminded folk all willing to help has given us loads of confidence. Can't wait to hit France for the summer now! Already have four MF meets planned too! Just dive in!

Upvote 0

Finvarra

Free Member
Aug 6, 2014
scotland
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740SE
Exp
Since August 2013
We,re ex caravanners too, and wouldn't go back. Once you've got everything sussed it,s all automatic and sooooo quick. Bit of a steep learning curve, but it's so much more flexible and you can stop in some wonderful wild places where you couldn't get a caravan. Have a great time!

CheersLesley

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back