Free Member
Nov 9, 2014
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Fiat CI Carioca
Exp
None
Well after what was an eventful journey down from Le Havre we arrived on Saturday evening at Camping les Sables which is in Aytre near La Rochelle.

We were a bit apprehensive to start but soon settled in to the swing if things. Great pitch on a busy but very laid back site with a superb pool complex (why we booked the site) A restaurant by the pool area looks OK but we haven't tried it yet (my new cadac is being well used)
The site looks like it is mainly geared for the French although we have heard a couple of other Brits. The beach nearby looks OK and clean and the weather up until now has been superb.
Apart from a trip to the nearby Carrefour's to stock up we haven't been out of the site (seems as tho there's nothing nearby anyhow)

Off to LA Rochelle tomorrow for a look around and then a couple more days until we travel up to Paris for a few days to take the daughter to Euro Disney for a couple of days.

If anyone knows of any good placed to eat in and around Aytre then please advise

Cheers
Rob

Jun 1, 2009
middleton manchester
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
6 years
can't help was in france two weeks ago around the loire everywhere shuts about seven at night.
crap country sites are good and cheap but prefer to rush through it to civalisation spain .

Upvote 0

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
sounds like you are having some real fun. keep on going funsters.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Sounds good, was the 'eventful journey' too much to share, that is the sort of news we love to hear about, so we can maybe learn from your experience and it makes a good read for us nosey ones (y):)

edit - or did I miss that tale in another thread?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

Rob

Free Member
Nov 9, 2014
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Fiat CI Carioca
Exp
None
The journey down was a nightmare due to it taking nearly 8 hours due to traffic etc etc. We also got stung on one of the tolls for around 45 Euros!!!???
Expensive lesson learnt but we got there in the end. Will know next time to avoid certain parts of route and stop off on the way down. When we did come off the toll roads the journey and scenery was much better. Off to Paris on Tuesday for a few days so will definitely be planning a better route!

One other thing....is it just me or can the French not queue????? I swear that if the teenage lads on this site push in front of me and my daughter once more at the water park I'm gonna show them a different way down the slide !!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
So many similar comments on here, most avoid tolls, unless rushing due to time constraints

It is quite easy to get back from where you are without using tolls at all, generally head to Orleans good roads running alongside toll routes, then head to Rouen, we take the east route round through Pont de L'Arche that voids Rouen completely

Have fun though, as for the teenagers, (what can I say) be grateful you are not in Germany, in my experience they are even worse at queuing :) but I find the older generation the worse

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back