Seajay

Banned
Nov 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
C L Meridien
Exp
since 2000
Hi Raindance and greetings from 'Sunny' Cornwall !.....I'm a bit of a newbie to this Funster thingy but it seems a like a great outfit, and don't forget anytime you are wandering through my patch give me a shout .....
Keep smiling ...4lanesford.

OP
OP
Raindance1

Raindance1

Free Member
Nov 24, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
All the best on your first trip out. I know it's not the best time to venture out for the first time, but hopefully you will find it very cosy in your new second home. I know it could be quite addictive given half a chance. I am newly retired so hope to have more time for adventure. Where are you based? I come down to Cornwall quite often. Have fun from JudeLea
Oh thank you! I am enroute to Cornwall and live near Minehead in Somerset so would love you meet. There are a lot of campsites locally or maybe I could join you in Cornwall. I see you are newly joined as well, so a big welcome too.

OP
OP
Raindance1

Raindance1

Free Member
Nov 24, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi Raindance and greetings from 'Sunny' Cornwall !.....I'm a bit of a newbie to this Funster thingy but it seems a like a great outfit, and don't forget anytime you are wandering through my patch give me a shout .....
Keep smiling ...4lanesford.
And greetings to you too from a sunny morning in Somerset. I am off for that first trip today. Am looking forward to it but finding the need to keep myself busy until I leave in case I chicken out. Hoping to get down to Cornwall next year and if you are anywhere around Minehead would love meet. A welcome to the group to you too although I think I joined after you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Seajay

Banned
Nov 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
C L Meridien
Exp
since 2000
Well sunny it is but with a chilly breeze,... If it drops much below freezing must remember to drain the fresh water system or leave a little heater switched on in Mr Smiley on the drive. If you happen by there is a seemingly nice campsite at the end of my lane called Lanyon Holiday Pk, but my very good neighbour has ample parking for a MH and have used it myself at times. I sometimes wander over Dartmoor and know of a few places to hold up for the night but have never travelled your way before, so will venture forth in that direction next year I hope.
So no chickening out and I know you really will enjoy the life.....Keep smiling, 4lf

OP
OP
Raindance1

Raindance1

Free Member
Nov 24, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Well sunny it is but with a chilly breeze,... If it drops much below freezing must remember to drain the fresh water system or leave a little heater switched on in Mr Smiley on the drive. If you happen by there is a seemingly nice campsite at the end of my lane called Lanyon Holiday Pk, but my very good neighbour has ample parking for a MH and have used it myself at times. I sometimes wander over Dartmoor and know of a few places to hold up for the night but have never travelled your way before, so will venture forth in that direction next year I hope.
So no chickening out and I know you really will enjoy the life.....Keep smiling, 4lf
Well thank you. It will be something to look forward to. I love your part of the country as I am sure you would mine.

OP
OP
Raindance1

Raindance1

Free Member
Nov 24, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I've done it! And all on my own too. It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be either. Can't say everything went smoothly. The satnav showed me the way but decided not to talk, the road up through Exmoor was a lot narrower and windy than I remembered, there is no mobile phone signal for miles, the gas isn't coming through and it has taken the last of my brain cells to get WiFi but I am still alive on this beautiful winters day and looking forward to tomorrow.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:) You have crossed the equator ... the gas didn't work.

Welcome. :)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
:welc:Hi Raindance (love the name). bit late catching your thread, but a big welcome to Fun, lots of good advice, hope you have got your notebook to make notes of things you need to make your life comfortable when you are away.

Have a look through the rally's that are already open for 2015 and see if there are any you fancy. Most of all do join in with the banter/debate always a good way to pass a hour or so

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back