LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
News and pics go where ?
Just start a new thread in for example the UK touring section of the forum. You could call it "Sue Goes to L".

(or perhaps not) :)

Then a daily post or as and when you want to saying where you are, add comments about, for example, the smog of London, the urchins sweeping chimneys, massively overweight folk queuing outside chip shops. Just typical UK scenes. If you go to Scotland you might even see cases of rickets.

Just joking! :LOL:

Uploading photos is easy, but ask away if you need advice. I use an Android tablet and run the pictures through an app called Photoresizer and reduce them in size, this makes them much quicker to upload.

The advantage of posting about your trip is you will probably get lots of good suggestions on what to see and what to avoid.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
News and pictures go anywhere you wish, the 'U shape lounge' is as good a place as any. Check out the forums button at the top of the page.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Hi @SUE L Welcome to the fun.
Can I pick your brain please. We are hoping to move to our village in France permanently later this year. We will then use it as a base to explore Europe and to do so will be buying a motorhome. We had one years ago when the kids were young and loved it.
Did you buy your wheels over in France? We will be buying used but possibly importing from Belgium or Germany. We would buy in France but the French have vastly inflated ideas of the value of their secondhand cars and I fear they will think the same way about motorhomes.
How you did it would be interesting. Feel free to pm me if you'd rather not clog up this thread - as I have. Sorry.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Welcome aboard i hope you will be able to understand the Cumbria accent;)
I think she might originally be from Cumbria, which I think may be somewhere Up North if I'm not mistaken.....

OP
OP
SUE L

SUE L

Free Member
May 11, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
HYMER EXSIS i
Exp
2 months
Yes I am from Cumbria ! as to buying a motorhome in France we bought a new one and took a longtime to find a dealer. In Dept 40 eventually bought from Agest near Pau not our dept but 1 hour away. Decided to do so as all the paperwork for an import was dreadful as the motorhome has different manufacturers making different bits. The French wanted umpteen certificates as per , we lost the will to live ! as to the price we felt compared with the U.K. We got a good price but don'T know how second hand prices compare , the process was OK given my French and their lack off it but everything worked out well and we are happy with what we did . Not a lot of help insured through Credit Agrecole Britline no problems . Sent all this time on this part of the site as I don't know how to PM ...yet! Good luck

OP
OP
SUE L

SUE L

Free Member
May 11, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
HYMER EXSIS i
Exp
2 months
How do I draw an end to a thread ?

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Hi @SUE L
Did you buy your wheels over in France? We will be buying used but possibly importing from Belgium or Germany. We would buy in France but the French have vastly inflated ideas of the value of their secondhand cars and I fear they will think the same way about motorhomes.

Hi @Fenman,

I have both brought one out with me from the UK and bought second-hand in France. If you have any questions I may be able to help with then please PM me (or even start a conversation). This link will take you a thread I started some while back. http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/posts/1523967/

J

OP
OP
SUE L

SUE L

Free Member
May 11, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
HYMER EXSIS i
Exp
2 months
Bon soir Dept 40 Les Landes

Jul 29, 2014
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Many thanks @Pilote87 I will carefully read the thread and contact you if I need your wisdom - which I probably will.
I see you are in our next door department. Lovely part of France the Limousin - though we can't call it that nowadays can we.:whistle:

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
We have just finished having lunch with Limousin Camping Car Club, so Yes, we can still talk about Limousin. Besides, the local breed of cattle will continue to be called Limousin as they are bred all over the place, including thriving herds in the UK.

Apologies to Sue L for going off thread.

J

Jul 29, 2014
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
I suspect it will still be called Limousin by most rather than the daft long thing the politicians came up with.:rolleyes:

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
We have just finished having lunch with Limousin Camping Car Club, so Yes, we can still talk about Limousin. Besides, the local breed of cattle will continue to be called Limousin as they are bred all over the place, including thriving herds in the UK.

Apologies to Sue L for going off thread.

J

We're based in Haute Vienne and just about to take delivery of our first 'camping car' so I'm interested in hearing a little more about the 'Limousin Camping Car Club'....Perhaps you could PM me to save even more disruption to this thread!! Thanks

OP
OP
SUE L

SUE L

Free Member
May 11, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
HYMER EXSIS i
Exp
2 months
Like the dog !
Mine is a Berger de Pyrenees smaller variety

OP
OP
SUE L

SUE L

Free Member
May 11, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
HYMER EXSIS i
Exp
2 months
My thread came to an end really so don't worry about going off !

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
thanks for the welcome seems like a good place to be grumpy or not ! Noted that I will need to pay the subscription if I want to continue so will look into that and will look to buy that thingy from e bay
New term learned today commando socket ! Merci beaucoup mes amies mais je suis English from Cumbria

But don't confuse this with going commando, not quite the same, but it will keep the thread interesting!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back